Enter the World through the Theta Server.

Moderator: Nighthand

Gingitsune
WaveMistress

Post by Gingitsune » Thu Nov 18, 2004 9:13 pm

Gingitsune sighed, she was the type of person who liked to have things picked apart and understood completely- but it was a step. Nall usually didn't share anything with the group, and this little deviation from the 'macho' code did show promise. She smiled and shook her head, Nall was vague at best with his explanations, and dramatic to boot.

Upon killing her Tiger Gingitsune had decided to hang back a bit in the battle. Everyone had acquired some new skill or other and Gingitsune was more curious than bloodthirsty, watching each one of her team mates squaring up against the bestial arsenal. They all showed great power, and the newbs (for lack of a better term) were indeed showing great promise- they hadn't died, and that was more than Gingi could say for the first hacker battle they had had- though she didn't quite remember the casualities. Jocasta had grimaced at the feline enemies, namely the tigers, and had refused to take part in the battle on what she called 'moral objections' and a 'loyalty to her species' though Gingitsune suspected that her guardian was more worried about it's hide than it's species- especially since Jocasta had an all-encompassing hatred of everything. Now with the Tiger dead Jocasta settled down on the charcoal-rich ground next to Ravija and glared up at her Mistress, following the group into the Dungeon slowly on padded paws.

Gingitsune was both relieved and a little worried that there were no monsters on the first floor. Hacker dungeons were usually set up this way, false confidence and a huge challenge at the end- usually no treasure chests either, for that matter, hackers were definately a stingy lot.

Gingitsune used the peace to heal herself and anyone around her who was feeling a little 'less than full' with their HP, and to prod Jocasta sharply with her toe. "Pull your weight in battle or I'll make you wait outside! What kind of guardian are you anyway? Aren't you supposed to, let's say, guard me?"

Jocasta purred insolently. "There is more than one way to guard a person, my method involves safeguarding your sanity through harsh reality checks and to attempt to polish up your etiquette with constant critiquing. It's the only method that works."

Gingitsune shook her head and sighed, cupping her face in her hands. She would accept anything, even a worm, amoeba, or piece of moldy carrot, as her guardian, anything- to get rid of that attitude.

Gingitsune walked across the room and smiled at Nighthand, "so you finally broke did you?" she asked cheerfully, "congratulations on being the first to finally ask the question- and probably not the last."

She shook her head, she had many questions of her own, but they could wait until later - she wanted more than just a vague concoction or words- she wanted concrete facts.

Gingitsune quietly leaned against one of the cold walls, pulling her miniver mantle more tightly across her body, and adjusting Cybele in her hand.
What would be waiting for them at the bottom of the steps?

Hacorie
Ikkitousen

Post by Hacorie » Sat Nov 20, 2004 9:13 pm

Hac watched on as Phoenix rushed at the two tigers and with a few quick spells finished them off, but one thing confused him. That was that Phoenix had seemed to hold the last tiger in place. How can he do that. It is like he altered the gravity around the monster and made it stop. This does not make any since to me. Why is the truth not being told? Why are we just all just walking along following this Blademaster, and why is he the one who is leading us? Why isn’t anyone questioning him? The pieces do not fit. I will wait a little longer for answers, but if they do not come I will have to find them either by force or by myself.

"I'm sorry if the pace is a little quick for some people, but we need to keep moving... That last battle took longer then it should have for experienced players like yourselves." Said Nall as he looked at everyone other than himself in the group. "Nall! Quit playing games with us! We know you have things to hide, but you have to at least tell us why you're alive when we saw you die!" The Heavy Blade from earlier said as he stepped up and wanted an answer to his question. The seriousness in his tone was like a strict teacher. So what, I have died many times? Why is it such a weird thing that he died and he is back? He may have gone inactive for a long time that is sometimes called ‘dying’, but he was serious. I do not understand this at all.

"You all must have asked this question at one point.... 'what happens if we get a game over when we're unconscious?' Well, just so happens I found out... I can't say I remember exactly what happened... But I remember Garaa's attack, then after it was pitch black. When I woke up, I was in a world words can't describe..."The easiest way to explain would be pitch black I guess... But one day, I saw a bright light. Obviously I went toward it and the next thing I remember, I was lying face down on a sandy beach.I went back to see if I could find everyone, but I couldn't. You must have been away on some other field. So I tried to do things myself. That’s when I went with Cypher on out little adventure. That nearly got myself killed. I decided I would flashmail all of you, but since I knew your obvious reaction would be to not believe me, I had to black mail you to come along. I figured once you all saw me again, you'd realize I wasn't lying.As for the new comers, you may be low level, but I've done some research and you all show promise. Once again, most people probably are a little confused, but this should answer your question for those of you that knew me before."

Nall said as he talked about it as if it was his life. “So, are you saying, you live in this world? Is this real to you?” Hac questioned. Listening to the words he spat out of his mouth he thought of himself of an idiot. This is a game, no one can live here. Why did I ask such a silly question? Answers must be sought. I wonder how he will reply to it though. I just hope he does not get smart with me last time I spoke straight at him. This Nall, I do not trust. He said the newcomers are low level. He and Phoenix are not much higher than myself. I know. There is a gap between the levels of Ryok and me, and the other ‘new comers’, but he needs to realize we are all not low newbies.

Walking behind Gingistune and her pet, the Heavy Blade, Hac, began to think on his own about the happenings that led to him coming here. After getting back from the happenings in the field he went to about the town and its inhabitants, he got a flashmail to come here. This place....just seems to have an aura about it. I cannot put my finger on it, but something evil lies here. It may be this Treeweaver spear, but I do not know. Could a weapon emit this dark of an aura, even worse than the Moumokuteki? Nothing is more dark than me, nothing at all. I am the worst weapon ever created.

Entering the dungeon, Hac kept his hand on the KK just in case a battle was to come. Noticing nothing in the first room, He stayed right behind the one leading, but then dropped back to where Phoenix was.

“So, tell me about this group and what I saw you do back there. It was unnatural and we both know that. I need answers. Can you please explain now? What this Nall character is saying to me does not make sense at all. You are the one who can explain it, I hope. So give me the answers I so need to make the puzzle complete, in a matter of speaking. And is it just me or do you also not trust this Nall?”

Hac then stopped beside the stairs leading to the next floor and waited for Phoenix to answer him.

(OOC: Bleh....)
Hacorie
Level 36 Heavy Blade
Gold: 21237

Equips
Oceanic Aura/Sharktooth-Ice Helm-Winter Coat-
Shiva's Rings-Bondage Pants
---Water Magic, BL Yokohama

Wishlist:
Level Meh Up
Weapons: Sakabatou/Rock n Roll/Peace Blade
Body: Knight's Armor
Other: Earthlore/Feng Shui
--------Water/Earth Scrolls

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Sat Nov 20, 2004 9:50 pm

Finally broke....

"No, no, Gingitsune... I've been broken a long time now."

Nighthand laughed to himself, then abruptly withdrew.

He's holding something back still. He knows more, he did more. He had to have. Even for the 'great' Nall, death isn't something to be taken lightly.

I agree. He IS holding something back. But what...

But what can we do? HE obviously isn't going to answer any of our questions, not NEARLY as satisfactorily as we would want.

Maybe we should tell the new players what they've gotten into. Maybe if we tell them they'll be in comas if they continue, the loss of support will drive him to the truth. Maybe if we toss in a few lies, he'll have no choice but to correct us.

Good idea... but what if it backfires? He could just close up, let us tell it, and refuse to correct anything...

That's a risk we'd have to take.

Let's hold off for a while... I don't want to screw anything up... Who knows, we might need the help anyways.

Nighthand looked around, at the questioning and resigned faces of his comrades new and old.

I might call on you for battle, soon... Something tells me your abilities might come in handy.

What? You, call on me? I doubt it... I don't think I'm going to see the light of day through my own eyes again. You're too filled with battle-frenzy to let me out.

We'll see...

(OOC: Come on people... This is absurd. I'm not going to start ranting yet, but it's coming.)

ryok
Elevated Player

Post by ryok » Sun Nov 21, 2004 12:27 am

-He looked around movement going on ahead of him.. His body started moving towards it until the movement disappeared. He kept running, and running until he reached where he saw it.. What ever it was. It was the dungeon everyone must've been inside. He ran in waiting to hear a voice from someone he knew. Ryok was just inside the door when he saw a few characters begining their decent down the stair well. A few were behind, and seemed to stop at the entrance to the stair. It was Hacomy, and Phoe.. A person he had gone a quest with once before, and had a good time. He hadn't noticed him before, or he had and just forgot. Ryok ran forwards catching Hacorie's words..

-“So, tell me about this group and what I saw you do back there. It was unnatural and we both know that. I need answers. Can you please explain now? What this Nall character is saying to me does not make sense at all. You are the one who can explain it, I hope. So give me the answers I so need to make the puzzle complete, in a matter of speaking. And is it just me or do you also not trust this Nall?” His own thoughts raced as he heard Hac talk.

-Back there something wasn't right.. About those monsters. Didn't that Nall character say something about the monsters being 'originally' called?.. Maybe they were hacked then. Is that why that monster was so strong?.. What about those other character the ones that just seemed to know Nall. A few of them i've seen before, but its weird because of the fact that it seemed as if they had just appeared, and now they are so strong. I need more information before I get intwined in something I shouldn't be involved with. Ugh, I want answers, and now..

-Ryok stopped to watch Hac, and Phoe.

-"Is there something I should know?.." He said looking for answers..

(OOC: Blech.. Nothing to really write about.. -.-)

Ryok| Lvl. 27| Heavy Blade| Demonic Sword| Kagayuzen| Fire Bracer| Suzaku Fiery Pants
Karin| Kannon| Miu Lei| Vak Rom| Vak Don| Dek Vaks| Ap Vaks
Skill Drain| Death

Wish list:Black Sharp Angelic Wings| Time Headband| Unique Weapon

Lighteria
Well-Oiled Machine

Post by Lighteria » Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:52 am

"Um... guys?" Lighteria says weakly as his reddened vision spots them leaving the area with Nall. "..A little help here?"

...no reply. The odd leader of this high-leveled troupe seemed to have more on his mind than the players he had brought to this field with him. With an almost obsessive focus, he continues through the forest, presumably towards the dungeon. The others follow, some with angered looks of frustration, their lips burning with the need to question this player. Others still had a glimmer of gold in their eyes, seemingly following this person with the hopes of items and gold. Others still, didn't seem to care. Two in particular seemed to just plod along without any real depth to them or any passion for the journey. ...And then there was Nall. Obviously someone with hidden motives and a set agenda for the group. The mastermind behind this grand scheme of mysterious PMs and a group of powerful and skilled players. Lighteria's senses of aesthetics ring like the customer support center after the release of Altmit 1.0. Something big was going on and there obviously is a mass of history he doesn't know overflowing from this quest. However, it being mostly beyond his comprehension and knowledge and most players here sort of ignoring him and not explaining anything to him, all of it is lost to him.

...Not that it matters. He can't get up anyway.

Geez... never mind what I thought earlier, these guys are jerks.

He thinks as his eyes gaze at his fingers, the only part of his arm not embedded in the ground since the troll fell on him.

Gyah... I want to follow him but I can't reach my item pack! ...And I can't cast spells without my hands... ...Man... I'll never get that item back... Squall, I'm sorry. I'm gonna end up loosing your present a SECOND time... *sigh* Stupid game... Caused me nothing but trouble. today. There hasn't been one good thing to happen all day...

Lighteria sighs deeply, looking up at the forest ceiling. The leaves gently sway in a simulated wind and the digital sunlight peeks through the gaps of the trees and branches. For an instant, a strange symbol appears in the air and hovers there. The twin blade blinks in surprise and stares at it, curiously. It rapidly cycles through different symbols, slowly floating through the air. The picture on his VR visor starts to get a little static. For an instant, the colors of the field are inverted but quickly revert back to normal. Lighteria furrows his brow, worried. This type of effect wasn't normal... Could the field be hacked?

"Mew..." Lighteria gasps, feeling a tiny wet nose poking him in the cheek.

"Kit!" Lighteria says, look over to the gray kitten. "You came back! Awww... good little kitty...." He smiles a little, temporarily ignoring the constant red glow of the HP critical light.

"Mew." Kit says, leaping onto his stomach. Lighteria blinks and watches the kitten as it walks down his waist, flicks the item pack open with her paws and drags a the bandana Lighteria keeps around. Taking it in her mouth a tiny glyph surrounds the kitten and a white light shines around the twinblade. "Mew!" (Repth 10-SP) Lighteria's jaw drops and promptly hits the dirt below his chin. His HP restored he slowly drags his arm out of the dirt and dusts himself off.

"Kit? ...Did you just...?" The kitten smiles at him, tilting her head as though nothing is wrong. She purrs and rubs against his leg as he stands up, sliding the bandana back into his item pouch. After a few seconds of hearing her purr, Lighteria shrugs and picks her up, placing the feline back on his shoulder and donning a big smile. "Come on Kit, let's catch the others!" He says happily, running to catch up with the group.
Lv. 37 Twin Blade (180 SP)
Weapon: Rashou (Thunder Coil- 30, Suvi Lei- 20, Mumyn Lei- 30) (Life Drain)
Armor: Holy Tree Mail (Juk Kruz- 20) - Scarab Earring (La Repth- 20, Rip Maen- 40) - Time Sandals (Ap Do- 15) - Forest Gloves (Juk Kruz- 20)
GP: 14384

Wish list (In order of priority): Angel halo accessory, chibi angel wings, Bone Armor, Professional

Lighteria: "Obsessively updating my profile since Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:10 pm"

Phoenix512
Exalted Player

Post by Phoenix512 » Mon Nov 22, 2004 3:49 am

“So, tell me about this group and what I saw you do back there. It was unnatural and we both know that. I need answers. Can you please explain now? What this Nall character is saying to me does not make sense at all. You are the one who can explain it, I hope. So give me the answers I so need to make the puzzle complete, in a matter of speaking. And is it just me or do you also not trust this Nall?”

Phoenix knew that Hacorie was smart and noticed his power as well. He looked at his bird and thought. Should I tell him the truth, Suzaku? The guardian gave a few seconds of silence before giving a response. “He will find out sooner or later. It is time for him to know the danger that awaits him and the others.” Phoenix gave a disappointed share at the Heavy Blade before answering him.

“First, you should have listen to my warning and left this place. What you have seen so far is nothing to the things that I have experienced. But now, you should know the truth and the enemy that we have to face.” He paused for a second before continuing to talk.

“For whom we are, I supposed that we have no name. We are victims of the Twilight maybe except for Cypher. The Twilight has altered us so we can’t escape from the World. We are trapped within the game but it has another effect. We also feel pain and other sensations within the World like touch and smell. So if we died within the World, it’s over or so we previously thought.” He decided to sit down on the floor before talking again.

“Nall was believed to be killed by Garaa. I do not know the specifics of the event since it was just before I joined with them. From what I heard about Nall, he wasn’t exactly an ideal leader. Most of the time, he never told them what they heading into until the last moment. Even Gingitsune, his most loyal ally, didn’t know what he was planning. I don’t know why he brought you five here but trust me, the rest of us don’t know. We can only guess. Only Nall knows and doesn’t look he will be telling anytime soon.” Phoenix took another pause before continuing with the conversation.

“As for Kurai and the Treeweaver, he was a former ally of us but now he is believed to be dead. The Treeweaver was a spear that control wood and gains strength when near Long Arms. At some point, Kurai became possess by the spear and started going after players. Taking their strength, the spear became more and more evil and the soul of Kurai became dark. We tried to save him from the spear but in the end, Royce killed him and took the spear.” Phoenix was silent for a minute before continuing with the story.

“There’s more to this story. I almost died from the Treeweaver. At the time, I was near suicidal with protecting everyone and challenged Kurai who was almost 60 levels above me. I thought killing him would be the only way to save everyone. He defeated me with ease and stabbed me with the spear. It has a Data Draining like effect. I should have died right there but unexpected angel showed the error of my ways. I received a rune which went into my right hand.” Phoenix showed Hacorie the diamond shaped marking on his right hand.

“What you saw earlier was the effect of gravity increasing on someone. That is my special power but it had a huge price. There are some things in this “World” that shouldn’t be used by anyone. The Treeweaver is one of them.” Phoenix got right back up and turned towards the stairs before speaking one last time. “No one should ever have that cursed spear not even us. I will destroy that spear and if anyone tries to stop me, I will not be hesitant to use my power against them. So now you know the truth but now the question is, was it worth the rare item or not, Hacorie?” Phoenix turned away from the stairway walked back to the center of the room.
Phoenix
Level 48 Blademaster
Equipped Skills: Vak Revolver, Gan Revolver, Dek Vorv, La Repth, Juk Kruz, Rue Kruz, BiVak Rom, GiGan Zot
Other Skills: Rue Kruz, Rip Synk, Rip Saem, Crack Beat, Rue Slash, Ani Slash, Gan Crack, Gan Revolver

Wish List: Phoenix's Fire, Gold Necklace
EX-Spheres: LV 3 - Overdrive, LV 3 - Curative, LV 3 - Elemental Breath

Nall
Elevated Player

Post by Nall » Wed Nov 24, 2004 1:44 am

(OOC: I was hoping the old members would perk up with some questions etc. The new people didn't have as much to post about, but those who ACTUALLY posted, your posts were great. Everyone take a look when I posted. Am I really expecting too much to have people post more often? I mean, I want this thing to get moving, but you have to post to develope the story. I may be GM, but I only do so much. YOU write the story, I just guide you. It seems like I've been writing the story lately and you guys have been conforming. Thats not fun is it? It's not. Get into thing, don't be afraid to show your personality. A post where you just think about things doesn't help the story-line. No one can hear what you think. Say it instead. You never know, you might spark something with another player, and a whole new topic of interest will open up. Ask Nall questions. Sure he doesn't answer as you may like, but he doesn't ignore you. The more you bug, the more hints he may give. It just looks like 90% of us are playing "The Lone Wolf" and keeping all their thoughts, emotions, and questions to themself, or a single ally. I'm not saying change your characters personality, but try to interact with the whole group. I know it's especially hard now with pets to talk to, but talking to others is what makes the story move. And obviously, I'm not pinning this on everyone, some of you have been doing awsome. Keep those posts up! However, I'm done with my motivational speach for now. On with the post!)

Nall was walking lazily through the first floor. He knew there were no monsters on this floor, so things were very very dull. Through their expedition so far, Hac was the only one to confront him. Nall was suprised that more question's wern't asked. He was used to getting a hundread questions thrown at him after his vauge renditions of what the group wanted to know.

“So, are you saying, you live in this world? Is this real to you?”

Nall couldn't help but smile. Live in this world? It was almost a perfect description.

"Yes. You could say that I live in this world. However, I'm not the only one. Most of the people you see with us 'live in this world.' Only difference between me and them, I've been trapped longer....."
Nall paused. He was there longest. Almost too long. But he had to forget about that. There was only one thing on his mind. Right now, it was moving forward. Nall walked down the steps to the 2nd floor.

"The hell..."
Nall muttered to himself. There were supposed to be monsters on this floor. There were none.

"Nall?"

He heard someone in the group speak up. It wasn't often Nall was caught off guard. Nall shrugged it off and walked forward.

"It's nothing. We have a clear walk for this floor too. Be thankful."
The players followed reluctantly. Many of them were now finding out more about their situation and were distrusting Nall more and more by the second. Even the vetrens were distrusting him. He wasn't even sure if Gingitsune still trusted him. Nall sighed as he walked. He was leading a group of people by force, and no one trusted him. Nall would get fried if this continued.

"Look guys, I know I'm not the most trustworthy---ack!"
Nall randomly tripped, falling face first into the dirt floor. He could hear the snickers and laughter from behind him. Nall frowned, he hated looking like an idiot. He began to get up when he noticed the cause of his misfortune.

"Shiiiiit!"
Nall's ankle was encircled by a vine, portruding from the earth. Before he could make a move to remove it or get up, several more vines shot up from the earth, wrapping around him and pinning him to the floor. The group looked at Nall startled and confussed. More vines shot from the earth, grabbing Haccorie, Ryok, Lighteria, Cypher, Reiner, and Rhilla. Some of the group screamed with the sudden suprise while others quickly slashed at the vines defending themselves. The vines were everywhere, attacking the group from all directions.

"Hahahaha! Ahhh, what a wonderful sight! Pathetic little gnats trying to sneak in!"

A dark tree rose up in the center of the room surrounded by a glowing dark aura. Sitting upon on of the branches was girl. A longarm to be preciese. Her long golden hair clashed against the dark-wooded tree behind her. She held her weapon out in plain view, resting upon her shoulder. The players that knew, almost gasped in unison.

"The treeweaver?"

"Hahaha! Please, before anything else, WHY do you follow this old dolt?"

The vines which encircled Nall rose and morphed as to show him off, trapped like a mouse. Nall struggled against the vines, but they were too strong.

"I mean really people.... All he EVER does, is lead you on dangerous missions and then expects you to fight the hackers. What do you get out of it? 'if you fight the hackers you'll be returned someday!' HA! You're all as good as dead! Let this be a lesson to what happens to those who are adventurous!"

The 5 newcommers screamed in pain as the vines contracted upon them, and finally slammed them into the earth. Cypher, had another vine come from the earth and impale him. They were all reduced to ghosts. The hackers laughed evily.

"Oh no! They're dead! But it's only a game right? Here, let me revive you! Rip Maen!"

The hacker casted the recovery spell on those who had died. The players all re-materialized just like that. The hacker made everything sound so simple. But, the world was not a simple place.

"Whats the matter everyone? You seem a little shaken up? You only died! Look, your back to normal now! Or is the crushing pain in your rips, and the splitting headache a little too much to bear!"

The other players knew what had happened. The new one's, were still trying to wrap their mids around it. What was the pain they felt? Things just got more complicated.

"Oooo how perfect... I've done my part for now! I'll let you all deal with things! I hope you get to the bottom, I'd love to see all your angered, battle wrought faces! Hahahahahaha!"
The hacker disappeared in a flurry of leaves, leaving the tree, and the attacking vines behind. From the tops of the tree's came several Forest Tigers. Same type as before. The tiger's wasted no time for an introduction and went straight out to kill anyone and everyone.

However, there was an odd aura in the air. One of the players, who was defending against the vine's, slashed at another vine as it came, but to their suprise, the vine didn't cut! The warrior was flung backwards painfully. Other players tried their strength, but they could barely life their weapons. Nall still lay trapped in his prison of vines, and was helpless until someone came to his aid.

(OOC: 10 Forest tigers, and infinate vines. These vines will bug you endlessly until you find a way to stop them. Everyones strength stat is reduced. The higher level you are, the more it's reduced, making the weaker seem stronger. High level players like Night, Gingit, myslef, etc will be weakend to an extent of barely being able to lift our weapons effectively. Low level players like Lighteria, will retain their strength and do more damage then the higer levels. And as a side not. YES, everyone is now data-drained, unconscious, and stuck in The World :))
Nall//Blademaster | SWORD | Time Headband | Kagayuzen | Hands of Life | White Boots | {Life Drain}{Skill Drain} <Rue Crack> <Rue Revolver> <Ap Do> <Miu Lei> <Ol Repth> <Rip Maen>

Hijinx
Exalted Player

Post by Hijinx » Wed Nov 24, 2004 3:42 am

OOC! Yay nall! Sorry for my lack of post, college is keeping me on my toes. :penguin: Well, time to show off :woo:

Her stomach was starting to grumble at this point. All of this running around wasn't helping either. If she had gotten to have her breakfast like she intended she might feel more inclined to help the others. Instead, her mind was one track. She had something she wanted to go for a while now, and no stupid vine was going to stop her. Plopping on her rear with a giggle she lifted her foot to her mouth, chewing furiously at the plant. The vines smelled as good as they tasted! It was like a peppermint explosion in her mouth! She briefly wondered what the others would do, lacking teeth like hers and probably unwilling to devour the things. A split second later she was up and running, using inertia to avoid random vine sprouts and leaping dramatically in the air, moving in nalls direction. Spinning to avoid an impaling shot of produce, she slammed violently into the blademaster and latched on.

"This might sting just a teeny bit." she said with a vicious grin. Locking her legs arond his stomach she grabbed her master blades, grunting as she pulled the now unweildly heavy daggers from their sheaths. Slapping her paws on his shoulders she releashed the grip and drew back on her right arm. Almost in slow motion, she let loose a blazing assault.

"Twin dragons!" she shouted, the air around her almost alighting from the sweltering heat surrounding her. Slicing rapidly at the trapped player she allowed the extra sp seep into the attack. Waves of flame washed over nall as she persisted, ending it with a flashy strike with both blades crossing, ending with a small explosion around the poor man.

Tossed backwards from the force, hijinx came to a rough and graceless crouched landing. Sliding her useless knives back into their respective holders, she laughed as four of the tigers came at her. Then a whole new stance became evident. The twinblade started to use drunken boxing techniques, confusing the tigers and vines with irradic patterns and bizzare strikes. Hiccuping and laughing hysterically, she wobbled about the animals with ease. She wasn't dealing much in the way of damage, but she certainly wasn't going to be a pushover.

OOC: Yup, the vines are alcoholic. Tasty, but bad for you!@_@*hic*
Will nall escape? Did hijinx succeed? Find out in the next exciting post from nall!^_^*hic*^_^;
Hijinx the Lucky Former Rabbit
Level 35.000 Fist Fighter
Equip: Fist Guards, Wyrm Hide, guard cap, Snow panther, silver bracers
Item: 5 ressurect, 2 antidote, 10 healing potions, 6 Emperor's Soul, 3 Raging Earth, 5 Ice Floe, 4 Gale Breath, Knights Bane, 10 Speed Charms
Money: 1103gp
"The problem with life is there's no back-ground music."

Reinier
Awakened Player

Post by Reinier » Wed Nov 24, 2004 4:49 pm

((OOC: Quick starter note: Sorry for the lack of postage, but I’ve been very busy with school, band, having a life, ect. But I’ll try to be posting more often now. P.S. HEAVY BLADE PHOE, HEAVY BLADE. ::Cough:: ))

Reinier followed in the middle of the group, still startled over the last battle. Anyone of those hacked monsters could have easily slaughtered him, but he had managed to evade most of the damage. So now he stuck in the middle of the group next to Nighthand and near the one they called Gingi. Reinier’s eyes began to wander and he peered down on Gingi’s weapon. It seemed different from most other Wavemaster’s weapons, for some reason. He slowly picked up the pace and poked Gingi gently on the shoulder and asked, “What’s the name of that weapon? It’s really shiny…

The group continued moving, finding little resistance from anything in the dungeon. No monsters appeared from anywhere to eat out someone’s eyes. As he waited for a response from Gingi, he could hear in the background Nall say, “It's nothing. We have a clear walk for this floor too. Be thankful." Reinier scratched his head and wondered what the story behind the odd Blademaster was. Maybe I’ll get a chance to talk to him after this little quest…

Look guys, I know I'm not the most trustworthy---ack!" Reinier watched as something shot up from the ground, entangling Nall’s leg, making him fall. “What the hell…? Last time I checked the ground doesn’t do that…” Reinier began to make his way to help up the Blademaster, when even more vines burst from the ground and wrapped up around Nall. Vines shot up all around the group, some grabbed the poor unsuspecting Heavy Blade, Reinier. “Son of a…” He muttered as he struggled in the mess of vines.

Reinier squirmed and writhed as he tried to free himself from the vine’s grasp. The vines pulled down as if trying to pull him down in to the earth. He stood tall, feeling his vine wrapped knees lock, as all he could do is watch the other, more experienced, players fight off the vines. The battle was interrupted by a loud cackling.

"Hahahaha! Ahhh, what a wonderful sight! Pathetic little gnats trying to sneak in!" A massive dark tree rose up from the depths of the earth in to the middle of the room. On top of said tree, a blonde bomb-shell of a woman sat. She held a massive spear in her hands, which rested on her shoulders. “The Treeweaver?” Someone yelled behind Reinier.

"Hahaha! Please, before anything else, WHY do you follow this old dolt?” She yelled out, with an eerie smile on her face. “God she likes to laugh…” Reinier muttered. "I mean really people.... All he EVER does, is lead you on dangerous missions and then expects you to fight the hackers. What do you get out of it? 'if you fight the hackers you'll be returned someday!' HA! You're all as good as dead! Let this be a lesson to what happens to those who are adventurous!" So I guess she’s probably not Nall’s cousin…Nall doesn’t look a day over…” Reinier began to say, but was interrupted by sheering pain in vine form.

The vines began to contract, squeezing and tearing every bone and muscle in Reinier’s body. A few choice words of little elegance he would have loved to scream out, but the vines tangled around his neck refused to let any words pass out of his mouth anymore. A few crimson streams began dripping down form Reinier’s cuts, as he suddenly felt his legs hover off the ground. I didn’t know I could fly… He was suddenly flung up in to the air, the vines still encircling him, and smashed him down in to the earth, killing him instantly. His ghost slowly began to materialize, but something happened. He looked up to the Longarm and saw she was speaking, but in his current condition, couldn’t hear what she said. He watched as she swiped the air with her spear, and a magical aura surround the dead players.

As soon as his body returned to him, Reinier fell down to his knees screaming and grasping his chest. He felt immense pain every inch of his body, as if someone threw him in to a meat grinder, but changed their mind at the last second and left him in there, chopped up but alive. Reinier screamed in to the ground, but the pain wouldn’t go away. He fell forward and rolled around on his back. He looked up to the Longarm who seemed rather amused by the player’s predicament.

Whats the matter everyone? You seem a little shaken up? You only died! Look, your back to normal now! Or is the crushing pain in your rips, and the splitting headache a little too much to bear! Oooo how perfect... I've done my part for now! I'll let you all deal with things! I hope you get to the bottom, I'd love to see all your angered, battle wrought faces! Hahahahahaha!" With her last words spoken, she burst in to a flurry of beautiful green leaves.

The attacking leaves and massive tree stayed, ignoring the fact that their leader disappeared. More Forest Tiger’s appeared to try and kill the players. Reinier came to his feet, and pulled out his massive Green Sword. It felt a bit heavier then normal, but Reinier just took it as a sign he needed to work out more. “Ap Do…” Reinier muttered. The magic of the speed enhancement spell encircled his feet, as he readied for the battle ahead. He had an idea on how to stop the vines, sense they still attacked, but he would need speed and probably help.

The tigers split up in to small packs to try and kill the players off quickly. Reinier ran over to Hacorie, swiping away the annoying vines. “Hac! I think I know how to kill these bastard vines! The giant ass tree’s still here, so… I think if we chop it down the vines’ll go away…” Reinier told the fellow Heavy Blade. Two tigers began to circle the Hac and Reinier, an evil flame burning in their eyes.

I don’t see how I could feel the pain… unless… no… that couldn’t have happened… No way I’m like them now…
Reinier's Wishlist: Sakabatou|Sharktooth
Abraxas' Wishlist: Complementry|Summon
The Hack's Wishlist: Wall lvl 2

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Wed Nov 24, 2004 7:47 pm

Nighthand swung his life sword at a vine as it first appeared, and was VERY surprised when the blade merely bounced off. On top of that, the sword effectivly tripled in weight. He couldn't lift it.

What the hell? Is this some kind of hack, making my weapon heavier?

In a way, yes.

What do you mean?

From in here I have a bit of time to study these things as they happen, and since I'm the product of a hack myself, I know a bit about them. This isn't a hack on your weapon, though. Look around you, I need to confirm something.

Nighthand looked, at the other players around the area, seeing how each struggled.

Confrimed. It's not a hack on weapons. See how the lower levels are unaffected? It's a hack on a stat, level-determined. My guess is strength. The higher your level, the lower your strength. Yours right now must be as close to nil as can be.

What if I were to state shift? If I were to take it all away from strength, I would take fewer and fewer penalties until they were virtually gone... And with the speed increase, I'd be able to dodge through this mess more easily.

It might work... But I suggest you don't try to use physical attacks so much, you're too used to powerful swings that you'll make mistakes.

My thoughts exactly. Time to play the mage.

Shifting his stats almost completly to speed, the heavyblade dashed around the room, looking for a place of relative safety. His sword he sheathed at his back, not even trying to attack anything yet.

“Hac! I think I know how to kill these bastard vines! The giant ass tree’s still here, so… I think if we chop it down the vines’ll go away…”

Nighthand turned and headed for the player who said that. Running up to Reinier's side, he kicked a vine that was about to strike and stood on it, keeping it to the ground.

"If you think that'll work, go, I'll cover you."

"Cover...?" the heavy blade began to ask, but Nighthand was already dashing off again.

I need some place to stand where I can concentrate on my spells with minimal disruption.

How about the entrance? Arched doorway, attack can only come from in front.

Good idea, and if it gets too hot to handle, I can always back out and leave.

He neared the doorway, only to find itcovered in vines, sealing off his exit tight. But there was still just enough alcove that he could situate himself in, and still see most of the room.

He pulled his Life Sword from his back, driving it into the wall, forming a horizontal bar across his chest. Then, he pulled out his old earth sword, a long-unused weapon, and drove it into the opposite wall, effectively caging himself off from the tigers. Then, he drew the Magnifier he had purchased from Asgard some time ago, and drove it into the floor in front of him.

Keeping the Magnifier as his active weapon, he activated it's primary skill, Vak Drive. Then, he wove the fire energy over all three weapons.

Just in time, too. A vine in front of him saw his activity, and shot at him.

A flare of flames singed the vine, and it pulled back, then lunged again.

Again his makeshift shield of fire caught it, burning off the tip. It writhed, then receded into the ground to recuperate.

Defenses in place... Now to see for the attack.

Reaching into his pack, he drew out a pair of random scrolls. A Raging Earth, level one earth raise, and a Fire Tempest, level one fire tornado.

Looks like it's your turn.

I'm surprised, that you'd let me out after all this time.

Just go, I don't want to take forever.

It was an odd sensation. Being pulled from control of his body, willingly. It was even odder to see what Silverblade had done in his mind.

Made yourself quite at home, didn't you.

Indeed... I figure if i'm caught here, why not make it confortable.

All around Nighthand was what looked like a cozy room. Large monitors displayed what his eyes saw, but they weren't the focus. Bookshelves stood here and there, filled with copies of books he had read.

You know, you could just take the memory of having read them.

But that isn't near as interesting.

Nighthand sat in a chair placed in front of the monitors and studied the scene. It was almost like slow motion video, he had ample time to see, and hear, everything going on.

Outside his mind, Silverblade took control.

--SB--

As the body control changed, very little was apparent. The only change that anyone might be able to see, was the eyes. Once a dead black, with Silverblade in control they were, as his name suggested, silver.

He took the scrolls, one in each hand, and began to draw power from them. In forms only he could see, orbs of earth and fire energy appeared behind and above him. This energy was invisible to normal sight, only he and perhaps the hackers could see it. He tied off the energy. This way, the game would see a scroll that hadn't used enough energy to cast a spell, and give it more energy to fix it. That energy would be added to the reserves, and the game would repeat the process. It was slower than Nighthand's simple hold, but it was a more elegant way.

He pulled threads from the reserves of each spell, twisting them together.

His task already evident, he began to fire at the vines. Whenever he spotted one about to strike a comrade unawares, a burst of flame and rocks, often turning into rapidly-cooling lava, took it out.

The vines never stopped appearing, so he knew he could never take them all out. The scrolls didn't have the power to gather that much energy soon enough to matter.

So he selected his targets carefully, doing the best he could to protect and cover Reinier and anyone else in dire need. Now and again a vine would attempt to attack him, only to be warded off by his shield.

(OOC: Alright, there you have it, Silverblade is out and ready to roll. Basically I'm sniping vines, but not any random one, just ones that are about to hit people when they don't know about it. you all can decide if i get a vine about to get you or not, but i'm not perfect, I won't hit them all. now and then i'll not see a vine. Nothing will hit me yet and my limiter won't be in place until my next post which is where i'll get it put on me, so for now you don't have to worry about friendly fire. Have at it, yo.)

Hacorie
Ikkitousen

Post by Hacorie » Thu Nov 25, 2004 6:10 am

"Yes. You could say that I live in this world. However, I'm not the only one. Most of the people you see with us 'live in this world.' Only difference between me and them, I've been trapped longer . . . " Nall said as he turned to Hac and smiled a bit. So he is trapped in the game, will I become trapped in the game as well. I do not understand still. This does not make any sense at all. Why is this happening to me, why did he summon me here? This field is just so strange, and by the way he is talking, he knows there is danger here. Yet, he leads us into it with no fear for either side, his and ours. Or could he be fearing it, just showing no emotion . . . Confusing . . . Nall then left and went down the stairs to the next floor leaving Phoenix beside him, to answer the question directed at him.

“First, you should have listen to my warning and left this place. What you have seen so far is nothing to the things that I have experienced. But now, you should know the truth and the enemy that we have to face. For whom we are, I supposed that we have no name. We are victims of the Twilight maybe except for Cypher. The Twilight has altered us so we can’t escape from the World. We are trapped within the game but it has another effect. We also feel pain and other sensations within the World like touch and smell. So if we died within the World, it’s over or so we previously thought.” As if contracting from memories and what he knew, Phoenix slumped down on the floor before he continued anything. “Wow . . . ” Hac was able to utter. His thoughts were all encircling each other, and one by one the last pieces of the puzzle fit into place.

“Nall was believed to be killed by Garaa. I do not know the specifics of the event since it was just before I joined with them. From what I heard about Nall, he wasn’t exactly an ideal leader. Most of the time, he never told them what they heading into until the last moment. Even Gingitsune, his most loyal ally, didn’t know what he was planning. I don’t know why he brought you five here but trust me. The rest of us don’t know. We can only guess. Only Nall knows and doesn’t look he will be telling anytime soon.” So he died, so that is what he meant at the beginning when he told of his resurrection type thing. Wow, I am beginning to get it, I think. From what I know now . . . Hac’s train of thought was pierced as Phoenix continued on with his story.

“There’s more to this story. I almost died from the Treeweaver. At the time, I was near suicidal with protecting everyone and challenged Kurai who was almost 60 levels above me. I thought killing him would be the only way to save everyone. He defeated me with ease and stabbed me with the spear. It has a Data Draining like effect. I should have died right there but unexpected angel showed the error of my ways. I received a rune which went into my right hand. What you saw earlier was the effect of gravity increasing on someone. That is my special power but it had a huge price. There are some things in this “World” that shouldn’t be used by anyone. The Treeweaver is one of them. No one should ever have that cursed spear not even us. I will destroy that spear and if anyone tries to stop me, I will not be hesitant to use my power against them. So now you know the truth but now the question is, was it worth the rare item or not, Hacorie?” Phoenix then got to his feet and exited the room slowly.

Pondering on the last part of information he had gotten, Hac knew what would soon happen. A trap . . . A trap planned by Nall? He invited us here knowing the risk that we would most likely end up like them. With no warning toward us. Was this worth the rare item . . . my conscious life for an item? Not really a fair trade, but I can still log out now. There would be no harm to me, but all these unsuspecting people around me. All the new ones that were lured here. They know nothing about this. I think I will stay. Rare Itemu or not, I will not turn back and let these innocent people go alone. Now I am starting to sound like a softy . . . .Hac thought as he looked up at Ryok not knowing if he heard the conversation or not. “Thank You Phoenix . . . ” Hac whispered where only he could hear as he looked at the stairs to the next floor and slowly walked down them.

Upon entering the next floor, Hac heard Nall talking to the group already. "It's nothing. We have a clear walk for this floor too. Be thankful. Look guys, I know I'm not the most trustworthy---ack!" The sound of a woman’s evil laughter came from behind the Blademaster as vines came up from the ground and began to bind themselves around the legs of Nall. The vines then went around him and pinned to the ground. What in the world . . . What is this. Is this the power of the Treeweaver? This cannot be. These vines are coming out of nowhere. A slight pull at his ankles got Hac’s attention. He quickly looked down to see the vines beginning to ensnare him.

“What the hell!?” Hac yelled as he began to reach for his Moumokuteki to cut the vines. Touching his back, Hac felt hard wood where the handle of the Moumokuteki should be. The vines had not only wrapped themselves around the Heavy Blade, but around his weapons where he could not defend himself. “Rue Rom!” Hac yelled as he pointed down at his feet as sickles of ice shrouded around him and began to cut the vines. Cutting through them, Hac tried to take a step forward, but more vines trapped him in place. I cannot get away. Hac, look up something big is coming out of the ground! The Moumo shouted in his thoughts. Looking up instantly, Hac saw a tree come from the floor as the vines did, and on the branches of the tree sat a girl.

"The treeweaver?" A few people said as the Long Arm lady sported the weapon.

"Hahaha! Please, before anything else, WHY do you follow this old dolt? I mean really people.... All he EVER does, is lead you on dangerous missions and then expects you to fight the hackers. What do you get out of it? 'if you fight the hackers you'll be returned someday!' HA! You're all as good as dead! Let this be a lesson to what happens to those who are adventurous!" As the words left her lips the vines that had began to crawl on the outskirts of his body began to slowly change their plan.

Hac quickly fell to the ground and an enormous rush of pain like he had never had before came to his senses. He then screamed in pain as he slowly moved his head around to see the people around him begging to die, starting with the lower level new players, and then to the higher ones. With the roots contracting on his body, Hac finally knew it was over for him. Closing his eyes he hummed a song and listened as all his senses were cut off. He then opened his eyes to see himself above his body and time still moving, and sound coming back. Too bad his ghost had to hear the sound of the annoying laugh the Long Arm had.

"Oh no! They're dead! But it's only a game right? Here, let me revive you! Rip Maen!” She yelled as all the players who died were revived. A new pain then came upon Hac, unlike the last, It was actually hurting. Where the vines had crushed him, it seemed the pain had not fully gone away and it was hurting like never before. Slowly his head began to hurt and it felt like a sledgehammer was banging against it. The Heavy Blade then yelled out and fell to his knees grabbing his ears. “Stop the . . . pain . . . ” he was able to mutter from under his breath.

"Whats the matter everyone? You seem a little shaken up? You only died! Look, your back to normal now! Or is the crushing pain in your rips, and the splitting headache a little too much to bear! "Oooo how perfect... I've done my part for now! I'll let you all deal with things! I hope you get to the bottom, I'd love to see all your angered, battle wrought faces! Hahahahahaha!" She spoke as she disappeared from the room. In her place, the tree and vines stayed. Jumping out of the trees were ten Forest Tigers Hac counted. Looking around, Hac saw one of his teammates who was stronger than him try to cut one of the vines. This did not happen, and the vine flung them back. “What in the world,” Hac tried to say as he grabbed his throat.

What the...I cannot talk! What has happened to me? Why am I now mute? I cannot talk. I cannot communicate through sound. Moumokuteki, what has happened? You have been hacked by a force called Twilight. All of these players have also. Remember what Phoenix said about it, now you cannot log out of this game you are trapped like him and now everyone else is also. I do not even think Cypher is immune. Why would he be? In the Battle Royale I was with Ryok over there, remember? Well Cypher used administrative powers that I saw. I do not know if he was hacked before by something else, or is an administrator of the game. Ahh, I see. Well something else seems amiss to me also...

Hac drew the Moumokuteki out halfway, then stopped as it felt a little heavier than usual, but not by much. Something happened, your strength has been lowered to about that Twin Blade Lighteria’s powers. I think the higher level players, have less strength now, I remember seeing that stronger player’s strength decreased a lot. So that means the strongest of us is Reinier, the level four Heavy Blade. My defense is still the same, so that low level Heavy Blade is still susceptible to lots of damage from the tigers.

Flashback outside the Dungeon

“Hac, use this since it seems you do not have any head armor except for that Cougar bandanna.” A voice called behind him. Hac turned around to be hit in the face with an item Rhilla had tossed him. It was a helmet called....Precision Helm. “Give it back to me later. I have a feeling you will need it more than me.” Rhilla called as she headed in the Dungeon before Hac could say thanks.

End FlashBack

Touching another blade on his back, Hac tries to shout a spell aloud. Ap Vakz were the words that left his lips, but the outsiders only heard silence. “Hac! I think I know how to kill these bastard vines! The giant ass tree’s still here, so… I think if we chop it down the vines’ll go away…” Hac looked over and saw Reinier all ready running at the tree. So he has it... Hac ran right behind him while whispering another spell in his mind as the helmet he wore began to glow. Ap Do Hac said this in his mind hoping it would work, and he was right as a blue-green light engulfed him and sped him up.

Two of the tigers then jumped over and through the vines while slowly circling the two.

Flashmail
To:Reinier

Since we have that Nighthand guy behind us, attacking with spells by what I caught a glance with. That leaves us to go for it. You go for the tree. I’ll keep the tigers around us busy with Karin. Kill that tree!

End Flashmai
l

Hac then looked on his side at the Byakuen. He slowly touched the handle and thought the attack spell in his mind.

KARIN!

His sword then lit up with the flames of hell as the vines around him began to catch on fire. When both the tigers were in range, Hac took a step forward and swung his sword with a wide horizontal chop hitting both of them with an Elemental Hit. He then did the dame thing, and it hit both of them again with another Elemental Hit. The Heavy Blader then chopped vertically downward at one of the tigers, but it quickly jumped back before the attack could hit. The other tiger took the opportunity to pounce Hac. The tiger had him pinned to the ground, and its claws dug deep into his skin. As blood was drawn, a horrifying pain surged through his body. Hac tried to scream, but still no sound emitted from his mouth.

His sword then turned back to normal, and Hac watched as the tiger that had avoided his attack started rushing toward him. Another Tiger rushed from behind the one that had Hac pinned to the ground. A vine then came at him from beside his head, but Hac noticed it soon burn up. Nighthand had sniped it. The fire attack affected an area, so all the three tigers were succumbing to elemental hits of small bits of the fire. Using this to his advantage, Hac put his knees into the tiger’s stomach that was on him, and then lifted his legs as hard and fast as he could thrust the tiger off of him and against the wall of the room.

Hac then quickly got to his feet and started at the three oncoming tigers and readying his Byakuen for another round of Karins.
Hacorie
Level 36 Heavy Blade
Gold: 21237

Equips
Oceanic Aura/Sharktooth-Ice Helm-Winter Coat-
Shiva's Rings-Bondage Pants
---Water Magic, BL Yokohama

Wishlist:
Level Meh Up
Weapons: Sakabatou/Rock n Roll/Peace Blade
Body: Knight's Armor
Other: Earthlore/Feng Shui
--------Water/Earth Scrolls

Asgard
Exalted Player

Post by Asgard » Thu Nov 25, 2004 7:10 am

OOC: Music time! Follow (First Movement of the Odyssey) - Incubus

-Right after the fight on the surface-

Asgard stretched out his back, groaning. The BFT did a number on his body with the Stomp Shockwave. It goes to show that one should really pay attention when fighting. The story goes that the Fist Fighter got tripped up in an exposed root and caught the brunt of the wave on the chin.

Which, severly hurt.

"Ow. Man that hurt." Asgard said. He rubbed his head where he smacked his head being thrown back from the wave. "That really...really...huh?" His speech was impeded as something caught his eye. For some odd reason, there was a bag in front of him. A big bag. Complete with a "TO: Asgard" sticker on it. Not to mention that no one noticed it yet. "That's...odd." Asgard slowly walked to the bag, cautiously. "Do you see that Terro?" The Gryphon piped up, landing next to him with a bit of Doom Lily in his mouth.

"Damn vegetables.." was all that Asgard said before Terro took attention to the question. The Gryphon cocked an eyebrow quizzically to Asgard. "See what?" Asgard sighed and pointed at the bag, which in Terro's eyes, was open air. "The tiger corpse?"

Asgard huffed. It was odd that something like this could happen. Slowly kneeling to the burlap bag, he unwrapped it.

"What are you doing, friend?" The gryphon asked, "Has Twilight finally made you mad?"

"Quiet." Asgard went back to untieing the bag. Upon its opening, he saw an item and a letter attached to that item. As he reached in, his arms disappeared into what seemed to be thin air. Terro was confused and a bit edgy about this. Asgard calmed him down by rematerializing his arms, complete with hands. In those hands grasped two things: A letter, and a Nunchaku, emblazoned with a red aura. "Sweet." Asgard grasped the Nunchaku eagerly as the holster, a black, two hole attachment to the front his satchel strap. He placed the weapon there for now, seeing the battle finished.

The letter, however, didn't make any sense to him. Knuckle up. - Loki. Pondering the question, he looked at his hands, the Fist Guards handled nicely. He agreed with that. But what could it mean...

"Asgard! Hurry up!" The Fist Fighter caught Hijinx's voice as it trailed into the jungle deep and hurried to follow, the Gryphon tagging alongside the warrior. The question still tattooed on his mind, he caught up to the group and headed into the maze which was the dungeon.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

As he watched Hacorie, Ryok, Lighteria, Cypher, Reiner, Rhilla, and Cypher become skewered by the Treeweaver, a weapon of unlimited nature, he couldn't help but cringe. He had been in a situation similar, when he was skewered by the living water Banshaku what seemed to be ages ago. Moments after, his Fist Guards became incredibly heavy, like he was fashioning lead bricks on his knuckles. He let them glide down open hands to the floor, where they made a small impact on the ground, much less than he was hoping for. For now, he was unarmed. But that didn't deter this Fist Fighter.

However, as he saw the newcomers go from tortured to revived in seconds, his head was wrapped around the question. A question that haunted him.

"I mean really people.... All he EVER does, is lead you on dangerous missions and then expects you to fight the hackers. What do you get out of it? 'if you fight the hackers you'll be returned someday?' HA! You're all as good as dead! Let this be a lesson to what happens to those who are adventurous!"

He could see validity, until he remembered why he came back. He could have easily disappeared into The World and never seen again. The group would have a hard time finding him, as he knew the best hiding place, but there was still one thing in the back of his mind that kept him from straying.

It was the underlying fact that they did this to him. Not when they were questing in Delta

No...

Asgard...

No...

Thor...had to exact revenge upon the beast known as Twilight, for his own reasons.

"Ap Do!"

As the tigers leaped from their perches from the tree, Asgard's hand lanced into his pocket and obtained a Speed Charm. The talisman burned for a moment, the energies washing over Asgard. He signaled to Terro. He spoke lowly, "Ap Corma, then earth magic them into early graves. Keep the tigers off me as much as you can." With that, he went to the races and took off in a mad dash. He knew that his strength was useless to him now. His prime stat, wasted, taken away. However, if he was crafty enough, he would find the root of this problem and pull it.

Taking off ahead of the group, he saw two tigers split off to intercept him, along with a strew of vines, lashing towards him. However, the left tiger was met with a giant falling stone that struck him square in the face. It toppled over itself with the momentum it had already gained and fell limp metres away from Asgard. Asgard continued as the other tiger made a leap for Asgard, its sharp claws and teeth bared for the Fist Fighter to see. Bracing an impact, he stopped, the loose ground flying from infront of his toes, and crossed his hands across his face.

But, thankfully, a solid piece of stone rose from the ground and impacted the already airborne tiger in its midsection. It lay there for a minute as its data disappeared. Smirking, Asgard realized that he had misplaced his thought again, as the vines cut awfully close to his arm. He got his bearings to see the vines coming straight at him.

To be headstrong and stupid. So is the way Asgard chooses to walk.

He ducked underneath the risen rock that Terro had supplied for him watching the vines impact the rock. Some were even creeping around. Asgard grabbed two vines, one coming from the left and one from the right, and tied them together, binding the tree to the rock, hopefully for a while. They were resistant, but not impossible. Asgard darted out from his protection and kept running for the tree, dodging the whiplike vines with somewhat ease, but at times were too close for comfort...

"Wait..." Asgard looked over the trapped Nall. The vines that attacked him came up from the ground, like he was baited for a trap. If the tree was the source of the vines, then those would either be hidden from view...or they were the roots.

He didn't know for sure, but he had to lay off the fire from everyone else. Thusly, he thrusted himself towards the giant tree, scraping attacks and hoping for a damned miracle...

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

OOC: 2 Tigers totally earthed! (dead)
This is my non-banner profile. Read at own discretion!
Wishlist (Bolded sections denotate priority, in descending order)
In General: LEVELS
Pet-Related: EX-Levels, [Lv. 2]Overdrive Sphere, [Lv. 2]Ressurect
Armor: Dice Gloves (20 RARE), Golden Turban (42), Saint Cross (41), Protect Ring (41)
Weapons: Master Nunchaku (40 RARE), Three-Section Staff (37),
Items: (None)

Lighteria
Well-Oiled Machine

Post by Lighteria » Thu Nov 25, 2004 11:23 am

Mabye it's just this dungeon... there's definitely been hacking going on here.

Lighteria thinks as he follows behind the group, staring at Kit as she follows along the side of him.

Kit shouldn't be able to use player equipment... she's just an AI! I mean... the administrators wouldn't have programmed something so intricate... just to give away and then delete, right? ...There's... GOTTA be an explination.

There is no explanation of course. The most Kit has to offer in way of answers is a few mews and the occasional purr as Lighteria stares back at her. After a few more doors and hallways, pausing only long enough to notice a conversation between Hacorie and another player, Lighteria's stomach becomes a knot, trying to summon up courage to ask people if they had seen what Kit had done or if they know what's wrong with the field. Then there was Nall. Lighteria HATES to be on a need-to-know basis, though he'd never tell that to anyone. The braver side of his brain had imagined himself walking straight up to him and demanding answers. Of course, he'd never do that. That'd be rude and Lighteria hates being rude WELL over hating to be uninformed.

I guess this is all I can do... Follow along until Nall decides to tell me more about the present.

He sighs, still being a straggler. It isn't until Nall speaks up loud enough for the group to hear that he comes out of his thoughts.

"Yes. You could say that I live in this world. However, I'm not the only one. Most of the people you see with us 'live in this world.' Only difference between me and them, I've been trapped longer....."

...? There's that weird "trapped in the world thing" again. What is that? Some kind of big role-playing thing? That's not very funny. I'll bet they've got a lot of people paranoid over that...-!

Lighteria stops dead in his tracks suddenly. As his foot presses into the soft earth of the dungeon floor an odd fear wells up inside him. His eyes slowly scan the group in front of him, suddenly taking a critical look at each one of them. Their motions aren't uniform. Their 'idle stances' aren't typical of regular players. Since the fight, he'd seen incredibly elaborate moves, strange powers and odd character configurations. Much more then what could be done with a mere controller, or even the special extended interfaces people could buy for the game.

He stares at Asgard's hand for a moment, seeing his fingers tap lightly out of boredom. He sees Zavier rub his neck completely naturally, as though he were getting a real kink out of it. The movements were more than what could be accomplished through roleplaying... these people were in full control of their bodies in this game... as though... they... lived in the game.

...Have I gotten into something I haven't grasped yet? This... place with these people... It's like I've stepped outside of a game and into something real... Maybe... maybe I should turn back... ...just run....

...but then what-?

“Look guys, I know I'm not the most trustworthy---ack!" Lighteria gasps lightly, seeing Nall hit the dirt. As few people snicker as the twin blade rushes over to help him up.

"Are you-? -!!!" Before he can finish his question, the twin blade's leg is suddenly ensnared in a vine. He gasps softly as he watches Nall suddenly engulfed by the violent foliage and hoisted into the air. Before he can help though, Lighteria too suddenly finds vines whipping out in front of him, snagging his wrists and ankles. "Wh- What is this??" He says as the vines grow, lifting him up into the air. The twinblade grunts, trying to reach the masterblades still in his belt but the vines keep his hands firmly in place and still more rise up from the ground, wrapping around his stomach, legs and neck. For an instant, he gags, not used to the VR visor sending shocks like this, as the vines start to squeeze on him. For an instant, the twinblade blushes as a sudden rumbling comes from the ground.

"Hahahaha! Ahhh, what a wonderful sight! Pathetic little gnats trying to sneak in!"

Who the heck is that?!? ...? Wait is that what they were talking about?!

"The treeweaver?" Someone says.

"Hahaha! Please, before anything else, WHY do you follow this old dolt I mean really people.... All he EVER does, is lead you on dangerous missions and then expects you to fight the hackers. What do you get out of it? 'if you fight the hackers you'll be returned someday!' HA! You're all as good as dead! Let this be a lesson to what happens to those who are adventurous!"

"Nall..." Lighteria says distantly, seeing him hoisted in the air like a prize. His heart sinks, unable to do anything to help him. Unfortunately for him, remorse is quickly cut short. The vines suddenly tighten on him, crushing him in its grasp along with the other new players. Lighteria grits his teeth, pain suddenly coursing through his body as he’s slowly crushed. For a moment, his visor crackles with static. A passing string of binary code seems to pass over his body. For a moment, his consciousness wanes and his eyes loose their shine. His head hangs limply as if he were passed out and a vision passes by his eyes within his mind. For an instant, just an instant, a white sea clouds his field of vision. The sounds of waves fill his ears and strange, shadowless, glowing orbs float pass him.

"What's... happening..." He says weakly, his HP counter dropping like a stone. In his haze, he doesn't even notice the vine lifting him up further. In fact, is is only when the shock of him slamming into the ground is felt does he fully come conscious. Of course, by then he's dead. "I... I died?! Just like that???"

"Oh no! They're dead! But it's only a game right? Here, let me revive you! Rip Maen!"

Lighteria gasps, having been freed from the vines in ghost form he suddenly feels his form returning to him.... but... in a different way.

"What’s the matter everyone? You seem a little shaken up? You only died! Look, your back to normal now! Or is the crushing pain in your rips, and the splitting headache a little too much to bear!"

"Y-you creep..." Lighteria says weakly, holding his head with his hands.

This is bizarre... I... I suddenly feel like I'm in total control of this body... My head is pounding right where I'm holding my hands... My ribs feel like they were just broken... And.. my heart.. isn't pounding anymore! This... this can't be part of the game-!

He looks up, eyes wide. "WHAT IS THIS!?"

"MEW!! (Ligheria!!)" The twin blade gasps, seeing Kit looking up to him from the ground. MEW!! "Rowr! Meeeow! RRooowwwr!! Mew! (Lighteria!! You have to snap out of it! These people need your help no matter how weak you think you are!!)

"Wh-a? Kit??" He stutters, tigers suddenly appearing on the scene, vines rising up around him.

"MEW!! (NOW LIGHTERIA!!)"

In real life, Lighteria's player, Jai, would have had a heart attack by now. However, his body no longer reacts as it would in the physical world. The twinblade's eyes blink once, regaining their shine and an intense gaze shoots past his face. His heartbeat no longer collapsing from adrenaline, his muscles tighten and he looks up with a serious but.. ultimately still cute look on his face.

"Alright..." He glares at the vines as they approach. With a quick push from his left foot, he leaps almost vertically at the vine, using it as a swinging pole to fling himself out of their grasp. He lands on his feet, instantly standing upright. He glares, suddenly noticing Hacorie in the center of three tigers, ready to pounce. He gasps softly and rushes over, determined not to let someone else be hurt without him at least trying to save them.

"Kyyaaaah!" He screams out, leaping like a rocket towards them, hoisting his masterblades from his belt over his head and slamming them deep into an oncoming tiger's back. The monster roars out, stopping dead in its tracks. Lighteria, however, keeps going. His body flips over the embedded blades and his feet land on the opposite side of the tiger. His hands changing grips on the blades for a moment, Lighteria yells out, using the momentum of the leap to lift the tiger up with the force and toss him over his head into another one, who was preparing to pounce. They smack into each other, just in time to see Lighteria leaping at them, slashing at their faces and torsos, moving with dodges and maneuvers he could never pull off with a controller.

((OCC: I'll be killing off these two specific tigers after a little fighting, otherwise I'm pretty occupied.))
Lv. 37 Twin Blade (180 SP)
Weapon: Rashou (Thunder Coil- 30, Suvi Lei- 20, Mumyn Lei- 30) (Life Drain)
Armor: Holy Tree Mail (Juk Kruz- 20) - Scarab Earring (La Repth- 20, Rip Maen- 40) - Time Sandals (Ap Do- 15) - Forest Gloves (Juk Kruz- 20)
GP: 14384

Wish list (In order of priority): Angel halo accessory, chibi angel wings, Bone Armor, Professional

Lighteria: "Obsessively updating my profile since Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:10 pm"

Gingitsune
WaveMistress

Post by Gingitsune » Thu Nov 25, 2004 5:24 pm

The horrible, thick, draining aura that encompassed Gingitsune was deathly oppressive. She felt her lungs shrivel into limp balloons, and her power drain from her fingertips in a spray of glittering data.
"Well, this isn't good..." she said to herself, her body becoming heavy as if gravity itself were pushing her down, she could barely lift Cybele as light as it was, and she doubted she could get her lips to even utter an incantation. The only thing she could force her body to do was to focus on her shield, creating a light barrier around her body jsut strong enough to protect her from enemy attacks.

She was the highest levelled member of the group, and she felt the drainage of her energy most acutely, narrowing her eyes in frustration that she couldn't really help the others in this fight.
I suppose, she thought glumly, this goes to show that level isn't everything.
She trusted the newer members with all of her heart, but she wanted to help. The vines were a horrible nuisance, and she was almost positive that they'd be susceptible to a high light intensity- vines were plants, and most plants could only stand so much heat and light. If she could create a high enough concentration of light, she knew she could burn the plants into ash.

But she couldn't even lift Cybele.

A course of energy rippled through the wand, and it began to glow in various shades of red- from deepest vermillion to a bright fuchsia... Gingitsune's eyes widened, and she felt the energy that she was losing coming into her once more, she still could not lift Cybele, but her shield suddenly became strengthened, evidenced by a stout vine plant attempting to barrage her- and merely bouncing off. Her violet eyes squinting in concentration she lifted her arm, staying in her random, rather strategically poor, spot. With Cybele slumping low in her left hand, she raised her right high and began to focus on the sunlight that she knew was shining outside.

She moved her lips softly, it was taking longer than usual to summon up the intensity of light she required to slow down the vines. Slowly the sunlight began to peek in, and although they were in a dungeon, the whole place began to light up- from the darkest recesses of the walls to the dim dirt floor. She calculated that, the vines living in this damp environment, having such a strange colour, and protruding from such a dark tree- they would never have been exposed to light.

Her theory was true.

The vines began to shrink away from the intense beams, those caught by it in places moving erratically as their tough hides were charred. The solar radiation was strenghtening, and although, perhaps, no strong enough to destroy the vines- she knew that she could atleast stop them from attacking her team members.

Enhanced UV-B radiation can have many direct and indirect effects on plants including inhibition of photosynthesis, DNA damage, changes in morphology, phenology, and biomass accumulation. Responses may result from direct damage to essential cell components...

She thankfully remembered part of her biology class, having been forced to do an experiment explaining the effects of sunlight on plants- and knew just how damaging the sun could be. It was, each time it caught the vines, destroying their data (in real life, their DNA), and inhibiting some of their speed and movement. She knew that her real target should be the tree, but for that she'd have to accumulate a truly large amount of light- difficult in her present circumstance.
Gingitsune needed a bit of time.

Damn this power reduction. She hissed, frustrated. She had worked so hard to gain the amount of energy she had, and now it was her handicap. She could have destroyed all of those vines, but her powers as a mage were being cut off somewhat.

That's all right... Gingitsune pondered, as her entire body began to glow with the intensifying light, her violet eyes beginning to cloud over and glow in the radiant yellow-white of her luminescence. Her shield was now charged at full power, and she had no doubt that she could walk across the room without being harmed- but the heaviness of her body had not gone away. Jocasta was unhelpfully lying on a crevice near the ceiling of the dungeon, her eyes critical on her. Sending rather unencouraging messages telepathically. ...I can take care of this on my own. I can't kill the Tigers right now, but I can help to slow the vines and destroy their source.

She saw that Nighthand had the same idea, charring the plants with fire. Fire was also a very effective weapon against plant life, although it didn't have the same cancerous effects on the vines. The spots where Gingitsune's sunlight had caught the vines were growing, spreading a tan slowly across the plant where it's data was damaged. Her mind whimsically thought of sunscreen and she shook her head, she had to focus.

Slow and disable the vines, destroy the tree- and kill the annoying brat who set this all up.

Her enemy was lucky that Gingitsune's power was restricted, as powerful as the Treeweaver was, Gingitsune knew the power of her light... and of her hatred for that stupid long arm.
She would reduce that girl into a pile of atomic goo.

Again she forced the images out of her mind, a small pile of charred ash with two eyeballs blinking on top of it. How cartoonish.

Phoenix512
Exalted Player

Post by Phoenix512 » Thu Nov 25, 2004 10:02 pm

Phoenix immediately saw the vines coming up from the ground entangling Nall, Cypher, and the new players. He drew out his Fugaku and began to cut at the vines. Crap. We can’t help the others with all these vines in our way…

After hearing the voice, a dark tree sprung out of nowhere with a golden-hair longarm sitting on one of the branches. Phoenix noticed the weapon that the woman longarm was carrying and quickly said along with some of the others.

“The Treeweaver.”

"Hahaha! Please, before anything else, WHY do you follow this old dolt?" Good point… Phoenix’s thought was interrupted with Nall trying to struggle his way out of the vines and the hacker’s voice.

"I mean really people.... All he EVER does is lead you on dangerous missions and then expects you to fight the hackers. What do you get out of it? 'if you fight the hackers you'll be returned someday!' HA! You're all as good as dead! Let this be a lesson to what happens to those who are adventurous!" Phoenix saw Cypher and the new players died from the vines’ attacks. “They cannot escape our fate now. Suzaku said with a sad tone. What do you mean, Suzak…u? At that point, he quickly realize what happened.

"Oh no! They're dead! But it's only a game right? Here, let me revive you! Rip Maen!" Cypher and the others were revived but with a twist. "What’s the matter everyone? You seem a little shaken up? You only died! Look, your back to normal now! Or is the crushing pain in your ribs and the splitting headache a little too much to bear!" They have now become one of us who have become infected with the Twilight. I’ll defeat her and destroy that damned spear. Before Phoenix could do anything, the hacker said a parting statement and left the room. "Oooo how perfect... I've done my part for now! I'll let you all deal with things! I hope you get to the bottom, I'd love to see all your angered, battle wrought faces! Hahahahahaha!"

Phoenix noticed that the hacker left ten Forest Tigers and saw a vine coming at him. He went to swing at it but he had a harder time than usual swinging his sword. He managed to cut the vine but his strength was reduced. “Kazuma-sama, you are not the only person affected but everyone is. Just looking around, the stronger the person is, the weaker their strength is. So, the strongest person among is the level 4 heavy blade but wait a second. I managed to move my sword like I did before getting my gravity powers. The hacker must affected our strength stats.

Looking around the battlefield, Phoenix saw Hijinx getting drunk off the vines. Stupid rabbit. Only she would do something that stupid anyway. He also saw Reinier and Asgard trying to take down the tree. Good strategy you guys. Hacorie and Lighteria were fighting some of the tigers while Gingitsune and Nighthand were using their powers to fight off the vines. Suzaku, I think it’s time for some answers. Back me up.

Phoenix began to head towards the direction of Nall and Hijinx. Great, the rabbit is trying drunken boxing out. I probably regret for what I’m about to do next. He headed towards one of the tigers and uses a Gan Slash attack on it while it was focused on the drunken rabbit. The sword attack plunged through the tiger’s abdomen causing it pain as it died from a combination of Twin Dragons and the Gan Slash attack just now. There. Don’t ever say that I never did nice things for the rabbit, Suzaku. Onwards towards Nall. The bird crack a smile as it was above the fallen Nall. “Nall needs some serious protection and help, Kazuma-sama."

Phoenix managed to get to Nall’s location and took a knee. Suzaku, cast Repth on him and tell me if any tigers are coming close to us. “Understood.” The guardian cast Repth on the blademaster and began to circle above Phoenix and Nall. Phoenix cast another Repth spell on Nall and said.

“Don’t try to get up. The combination of the vines squeezing your life and the rabbit’s Twin Dragons attack took a lot out of you. And besides, I figured out why you brought those five here. You know the hacker that has the Treeweaver and her powers, didn’t you. Those five were brought here as weapons against that power.” Phoenix took a pause before yelling at Nall. “But now, they are trapped with the rest of us. People are tired of being pawns, Nall. When you will realize this? If the war against the hackers will going to have an end, you have to trust us.” Phoenix went into a defensive position before finish talking to Nall. “I’ll protect you for now but before moving on; you will tell them the reason for the newcomers and all of the info of the hacker or I’ll bring the issue out.”

Killing Nall won’t do me any good since last time I tried that backfire on me. I should focus on protecting him and eventually fight the woman longarm and destroy the Treeweaver. I joined the group on own my will but those five were forced into this war. Phoenix continued in his defensive position and guarding Nall with his life.

(OOC: Another tiger is dead.)
Phoenix
Level 48 Blademaster
Equipped Skills: Vak Revolver, Gan Revolver, Dek Vorv, La Repth, Juk Kruz, Rue Kruz, BiVak Rom, GiGan Zot
Other Skills: Rue Kruz, Rip Synk, Rip Saem, Crack Beat, Rue Slash, Ani Slash, Gan Crack, Gan Revolver

Wish List: Phoenix's Fire, Gold Necklace
EX-Spheres: LV 3 - Overdrive, LV 3 - Curative, LV 3 - Elemental Breath