Enter the World through the Theta Server.

Moderator: Nighthand

ryok
Elevated Player

Post by ryok » Fri Nov 26, 2004 3:27 am

-Ryok started down the stairs his hair bobbing up and down each step another thought. There was no one to close by to talk to so he spoke to himself..

-"None of its real.. It can't be" He told himself. "Feel.. Taste in the world?.. It'd be a wondrous thing, but there is no such truth behind it." The next thing that rang out in his head was the word "shit" Nall had fallen on the ground ahead of them. Vines suddenly flooded the floor, and wrapped themselves around mostly the new players including ryok. His hand went to his blade, and for the last time he thought in his life was the feeling of his fingers hitting the controller’s buttons. He was maiming them, but to no avail. No one was helping, and it seemed that Nall was also entangled. A voice one that he swears he has heard every time Xander opened his trap.

-"Hahahaha! Ahhh, what a wonderful sight! Pathetic little gnats trying to sneak in!" At first it sounded like the actor was hidden somewhere, as if it was all around everywhere, yet no where. . A tree rose from the middle of the ground. An aura likes he had only witnessed from the Momoutekki once before shone across the room. A girl sat on a branch of the tree staring down at all of them. In her hand was the Treeweaver, and everyone knew it. Ryok was oblivious to the fact that the monster had even risen. "Hahaha! Please, before anything else, WHY do you follow this old dolt?" The voice spoke again, but it actually seemed animate now. He looked up to actually whitness the one who did it to him. Who'd change him forever, and never explain how or why it was just the fact that he was there. His face rose up to Nall only for a brief second to see his struggling. Then went back to work on his vines. His health dropped, and Kakashi screamed. The vines had closed in on him making it actually harder for him to breathe, and then everything was darkness for both of them. Ryok stood up, but he wasn't really there. He was a ghost struck down from the vine. "Oh no! They're dead! But it's only a game right? Here, let me revive you! Rip Maen!" He came back, but something was different. His face was flustered, and his head throbbed. Aches and pains littered his body from head to toe.

-What just happened?.. Ugh, my head..

-He suddenly felt the urge to go to the bathroom as well..

-"Uhm, yea i'll brb guys I gtg to the bathroom" He let his hands uncontract from the air. He couldn't place his finger on it, but..

-"Oooo how perfect... I've done my part for now! I'll let you all deal with things! I hope you get to the bottom, I'd love to see all your angered, battle wrought faces! Hahahahahaha!" Ryok didn't know what was going on at that point, but he'd soon find out. The tree girl disappeared from the branch, and down came ten of those damn tigers he had seen before. He had never really fought them, but he was about to find out what had really just happened to him. He tried dropping the controller again, but again nothing. He had to fight now two of the tigers had advanced on his position, and were ready to tear him apart. He was actually more comfortable then fighting that flower from before, but it was 'hacked' monster. His hand touched the handle of his Spider the only one of its kind so far. For the first time feeling the cloth on it. At that moment he remembered, but it was far too late the deal was sealed. He had now officially become one of the victims of the Twilight..

-Flash Back-

-“First, you should have listen to my warning and left this place. What you have seen so far is nothing to the things that I have experienced. But now, you should know the truth and the enemy that we have to face.” Ryok looked at his long lost ally. His purple eyes glowing almost in the dark. The faint glow of torches liteing the entrance of the forest dungeon.

-“For whom we are, I supposed that we have no name. We are victims of the Twilight maybe except for Cypher. The Twilight has altered us so we can’t escape from the World. We are trapped within the game but it has another effect. We also feel pain and other sensations within the World like touch and smell." Ryok's thoughts were again racing about questions he needed to ask, but all of it seemed to go by to fast.

-“Nall was believed to be killed by Garaa. I do not know the specifics of the event since it was just before I joined with them. From what I heard about Nall, he wasn’t exactly an ideal leader. Most of the time, he never told them what they heading into until the last moment. Even Gingitsune, his most loyal ally, didn’t know what he was planning. I don’t know why he brought you five here but trust me, the rest of us don’t know. We can only guess. Only Nall knows and doesn’t look he will be telling anytime soon.” He listened to the last of it turning from Phoenix. He didn't understand a lot of it, and by the time he turned around they were gone.

-End Flash Back-

-It was all true, and yet he was so reluctant to almost ignore him. He needed to focus on the battle that he was now in, because it could be his last. His blade was ripped from its sheath hopefully not for the last time. His blade creased as the faster tiger lunged at him. The blade cutting through it like butter. His arm came down to his right side as he ducked slightly to pass under its attack. He came on to the second one it's fangs seeming ready to rip his head off.

-"Ap Do" Feeling his lips part, and actually close was a weird feel that he wasn't quite used to yet. The second one stopped in front of him its right paw out with its claws extended. He had jumped to almost use the attack the monster before had used on him. The claw came across him just like his sword on the other. The first pain was a big thing even though he had broken his arm from falling before the claws were much worse, but it seemed like the other characters had gotten used to it. His blade only cut into its back a few inches before its claw clipped him. He spun, and landed on the ground. He didn't look around to direct his voice at anyone, but he yelled. "What happened to us?!.." He wasn't really going to wait for an answer with the two of the monsters running at him again. Ryok's left hand went into the ground, and moving past the pain of the wound he rose to one knee. He needed to hit the timing right, or his plan would kill him. The first jumped again, and the second just kept running. Ryok started at them his sword sheathed, and his usual attack on deck.

-He leaned back his inertia dragging him across the ground, and keeping him in motion. He whipped his blade out holding it straight up.

-"KARIN!"

-His blade flew from its sheath cutting the bottom half of the creature open as he slid under it. He only had a few seconds to react to the second so his right hand let the blade go, and hit the ground which was moving a a fast speed still. He pushed up his sword going deeper into the tiger as he rose up. He jumped throwing the near dead tiger in front of the other. He cleared them both landing on the other side of them. Ryok spun in place both of them rising for more. He couldn't keep going one more good hit, and he'd be hurt pretty badly. He needed to take out the hurt one first. Then worry about the other if someone else didn't help him before that he'd go get some help. He moved from his defensive to his offensive, and started at them. One more, good blow would take that hurt one out. They both stood ready next to each other. Their fangs showing they were ready to tear him apart.

-He started at them his blade at his side ready to deal out just as much damage to them. All he needed to do was to land a single strong attack. Karin one more time.. That was all that was going to be needed. It had to hit its head directly though. The tiger wouldn't die if it weren’t. He was ready and had a plan of action already thought out. He dashed forwards ready as he's ever been. A few feet from them he leapt forwards low so that they couldn't attack him back as easily. He ripped the blade out again. It catching flame as he pulled it up is that it was pointed at them. Just slightly in line with his head. He pushed it forwards the opposite tiger lunging at him as he stopped, and pulled up shattering the tiger’s skull. The blade didn't come out fast enough, and he was on the ground with the other tiger maiming him. His blade lay with the dead one a few feet away.

-"AH!.. Someone!"

(OOC:Erk, forgot this. Sorry, about the whole heavier sword thingier too, I think I missed it. T__T
I killed one tiger off, and am being attacked by one.)
Last edited by ryok on Fri Nov 26, 2004 1:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Ryok| Lvl. 27| Heavy Blade| Demonic Sword| Kagayuzen| Fire Bracer| Suzaku Fiery Pants
Karin| Kannon| Miu Lei| Vak Rom| Vak Don| Dek Vaks| Ap Vaks
Skill Drain| Death

Wish list:Black Sharp Angelic Wings| Time Headband| Unique Weapon

Cypher
Exalted Player

Post by Cypher » Fri Nov 26, 2004 5:18 am

(OOC: http://glasscharm.org/diverge/viewtopic.php?p=9862#9862
I don't know how this hinders the quest, I hope I don't wreck things. Nall, Night, do what you think, I'd like to come back to it, though. Sorry again.)
Wishlist: Ends of Earth (11 BM), Black Sharp Angel Wings, BM Swords (Rare/Common)

New sig coming soon!

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Sat Nov 27, 2004 7:47 pm

Silverblade continues to concentrate, peppering the area with vine-burning bursts of molten rock.

He didn't pride himself on powerful attacks. He wasn't one to go for big, flashy explosions or effects. Rather, Silverblade was a man of grace. He much preferred a subtle trap over a building-destroying blast. There is a simple elegance to his power, an element of grace that couldn't be found much of anywhere else.

He enjoyed his power, enjoyed seeing what new things he could do with it. He didn't push the limits of power, he pushed the limits of finesse. He had Nighthand to increase the resources he could use.

And so it was, that he was deep in concentration, making each shot of fire and earth more perfect than the last, that he was caught unawares.

He had thought himself safe where he was. Behind him was a wall of vines, Thick and unmoving as stone. To his sides were the stone walls of the archway. In front of him lay his shield, three blades and flames to fill the gaps. His defense would have been perfect, had he not been fighting a hacker.

He should have known the long arm wouldn't ignore the fight.

A pain in his back alerted him to something wrong, and when it flared up and slammed him into his own burning blade barrier...

His body being burned by the blades, he pulled back. Twisting, he found the vine barrier behind him seething with life.

He tried to angle a spell into his barrier, but before the spell was unleashed, a single, wire-thin vine shot out, piercing his forehead. His eyes flew wide, and he fell back. The fire in his barrier disipated, though the blades were still there.

The scrolls in his hands burst into smoke, their power spent. The remaining energy he had collected from them was released in an explosion only he could feel, for it lay beyond the confines of the room.

Inside his body, his power surged. He felt energy like he had never felt before.

More in tune with the spell elements than ever. But it was erratic, pulsing. Harder than normal to get a grasp on. Try as he might, Silverblade could do nothing to stop the foreign enchantment that settled over him. He prodded, pried at it, but still it gripped him, like a weed, it's roots digging deep into the core of his character. He couldn't identify the element at all.

Twilight... Came Nighthand's voice, in awe.

What's happening?!

Nighthand, from his vantage point inside, could see everything that was going on.

You're messing up my body, is what's going on. My guess is the hacker saw what we were doing and put her own little hack on us, to keep us from being as effective. I can still reach my powers, and I'm sure you can reach yours, but they're erratic. They'll be hard to work with. It'll be like re-learning them. We won't be able to use them full power again for some time. Then his voice changed from introspective to explicative. You just HAD to go and screw up, didn't you! THIS is why I never let you out in the first place!

Come on, you don't have to be so harsh... You couldn't have known this would happen...

I wouldn't have fallen for that...

No, you would have gotten yourself killed trying to swing your sword at the tigers out there.

I can deal with being killed! I can come back to life. But this... This is more horrible than death. Weakness. A scream of rage echoed through his head.

Fine then! Get out there, get yourself killed! I don't care!

With that, Silverblade withdrew back into his head, letting Nighthand take control once again. His eyes black once more, the Heavy Blade looked around.

Or tried to, rather. He found he was in pain from hundreds of wounds, where the flames, blades, and vines had hit him while he argues with Silverblade.

"Bastard fool..." he muttered, casting a spell on himself.

"Ol repth..." He whispered, casting and holding the spell to give himself more energy at the sacrifice of more pain for a few moments. (hold roll, 18 )

His power flew wild for an instant, and he feared his spell would collapse. But instead, the opposite happened. When he released it, it healed him more fully than he had expected. On top of that, though, there was a quite unexpected side effect.

Pleasure.

It had been a long time since he'd felt pure physical pleasure. Nothing in The World could deliver it, for it was designed to bring pain. But this... It was beyond compare. Like a deep massage, or a hot bath.

Nighthand stood, refreshed like he had just woken from a deep sleep. He drew his three blades from the walls and floor. Their seeming weight reminded him that his strength was still close to nothing, so he put them away.

For now the vines around him seemed to have been settled, so he took a moment to look for a chance to be of help.

(OOC: That's right, randomizer in place. luckily the first use was a good roll, and doesn't affect anyone but myself. But that won't always be true... hehe.)

Nall
Elevated Player

Post by Nall » Sun Nov 28, 2004 5:33 am

(OOC: I'm a little out of it right now and I'm in a bad mood... But lets see what I can do.)

Nall struggled against his prison as the hacker had her way with the new commers. All he could do is helplessly watch as the vines constricted upon him so he couldn't breath. Hijinx to the rescue! Nall suddenly wished he was left to suffocate as Hijinx latched onto him, dealing a ferocious assult of fire and steel. Twin Dragons freed him from the vines, but consequently delt massive damage to the blademaster. Nall fell to the cold earth beneith him, breathing heavily and holding his chest. Jinx quickly ran off to play with some tigers.

"Son of a.... I'm not going to...make it...if I keep....getting hit like this..."
Nall cringed in pain. His whole body felt as bad as it's ever felt. The light that was now pouring down upon the battlefield was aiding the fight against the vines, but it wasn't doing any good for Nall. Nall had a severe weakness to light, and was taken down yet another notch.

“Don’t try to get up. The combination of the vines squeezing your life and the rabbit’s Twin Dragons attack took a lot out of you. And besides, I figured out why you brought those five here. You know the hacker that has the Treeweaver and her powers, didn’t you. Those five were brought here as weapons against that power.”

Nall felt the soothing relief of Retpth run accross his body. But it did not make up for the pain pulsing through his body.

“But now, they are trapped with the rest of us. People are tired of being pawns, Nall. When you will realize this? If the war against the hackers will going to have an end, you have to trust us.”

Nall was hardly paying attention to Phoenix. The room was starting to spin.

“I’ll protect you for now but before moving on; you will tell them the reason for the newcomers and all of the info of the hacker or I’ll bring the issue out.”

The weight of Nall's body was too much to hold up with the severe pain, light, and strength disability. He feel to the ground, face hitting the dirt. Nall muttered only three words before his body feel completely limp, and he passed out.

"Not...my...day............"
Nall//Blademaster | SWORD | Time Headband | Kagayuzen | Hands of Life | White Boots | {Life Drain}{Skill Drain} <Rue Crack> <Rue Revolver> <Ap Do> <Miu Lei> <Ol Repth> <Rip Maen>

Lighteria
Well-Oiled Machine

Post by Lighteria » Sun Nov 28, 2004 11:12 am

"Rowr! (Vine!)" Lighteria blinks, hearing Kit, and leaps into the air, a vine sailing past his left ankle, making a tiny loop where it had attempted to snag him.

Holy cow! I barely got out of that! This is nuts!

He thinks, eyeing the tigers as he lands back on the ground. As soon as his foot touches the dirt, the tigers leap in unison, fangs bared. Lighteria shrieks, instantly tucking and rolling to avoid the assault. Unfortunately for him, he'd expected the tigers to crash into each other, instead they simply glide past each others sides and start circling around him for a strike. He swallows, watching the stripes blur as they circle him.

"No way you're doing that again..." He mutters to himself, staring at one of the tigers. His heart skips a beat as he leaps forward, determined to attack one of them before they struck again. His blade, arching upward, he swipes as hard as he can at one of the tiger's sides. Of course, the tiger simply leaps to the side to dodge the blow. The other one quickly takes advantage and swipes at the twinblade's back while he's open, leaving a deep scar and jumping backwards to avoid a counter attack. Lighteria yelps in pain, falling to his knee as they continue to circle.

This is no good... These guys are a lot smarter than the monsters I've fought before. More organized, quicker... Darn it! I can't outfight them, I'm not that strong! And I can't dodge forever... And... my back... REALLY HURTS. This can't just be that stupid 'feel the shock' VR visor. This hurts for real...

He trembles with horror, feeling his own blood drip down his back and stain his light green shirt a dark crimson hue. He squints an eye from the pain, trying to keep his blades up to counter another strike.

This... is no time to be stingy with the SP...

He blinks, noticing another vine shooting from the ground, going straight for his ankle again. He gasps in surprise, jumping again to avoid it. Of course, the tigers do another dual leap at him as soon as he's airborne.

Oh shoot! I won't have time to dodge before I land! I'm gonna be tiger food!

"Please let this work..." He whispers to himself. "Twin Dragons! (45 SP)" He shouts suddenly, right before he touches down to the ground, the tigers practically an inch away from him. Now... the thing about the staccatto twinblade attack, is that it moves so fast no one is quite sure what happens in it. The whole thing tends to be a gigantic blur of whatever element the player is using at the time. At least, that's how it feels to Lighteria as he suddenly finds his entire body in a full frontal spin, his blades whipping everywhere, seemingly acting on their own. Flaming strikes swinging every which way. The pain, the hits, the blows, all blur into one big jumble of attacking. The only thing the player actually focuses on is the strange sensation of heat coming off his blades. For that moment, the damage to himself and the tigers didn't really matter. The only thing going through his mind is that the heat he feels is real, and he's never felt that before.

"Meeeow! (Snap out of it!!)" Kit yells, seeing Lighteria completely stunned, kneeling on the ground from the aftermath of the attack. He gasps softly and whips his head from side to side, seeing both the tigers charred and cut, slowly getting to their feet again, having taken the full brunt of a strong attack. Lighteria breathes weakly, feeling a ton of new scratches on his body, not really ready to fight them off again.

I gotta do something... I can't win with lucky shots... I have to keep them out of striking distance... but how?

He looks down to his feet for a second, feeling something heavy on his foot. He blinks, seeing the vine that had tried to grab him laying limp on his foot, a deep black cut across its green exterior. He blinks for a second and smirks as the tigers get to ther feet, making a slower circle, the hair on their backs arched, clearly angrier now.

"Heh... this should be good." He chuckles to himself, snapping the vine. The tigers growl a little as Lighteria quickly ties the hilts of his blades to the opposite ends of the snapped vine. He breathes shakily as the tigers pick up the pace of the circle again and climbs to his feet. Subtly, his wrists start moving in circles, making the blades spin on the opposite ends of the vine. Pretty soon, he has two full-blown circular saws at the end of the vine, both just waiting for an opportunity to strike.

"Kit... help the others." Lighteria says softly, to the kitten as he pulls one of his arms back for a strike. The kitten smiles and purrs, dashing off across the battlefield eventually arriving at Nall's side to lick his wounds. But back to the battle of course, Lighteria's heart skips again as he tosses one of the blades out at one of the tigers as it circles, the tiger leaps to the side, of course, but this time the distance the attack has is too much. The blade makes a clean swipe down the tiger's side, cutting open yet another wound on its orange fur. The other tiger is unphased by its comrade's injury though and quickly leaps to attack Lighteria as his back is turned. Unfortunately for it, its face is met by the other end of the vine, the blade still spinning like a buzz saw, making a sort of round shield of blades at the player's back. The tiger manages to skid to a halt just quick enough to get its nose chopped as it leaps backwards again.

"....Thunder coil. (30 SP)" Lighteria whispers. In an instant, he feels his whole body take over, the vine and the blades spin upwards in an unstoppable tornado of electric sparks and slashes, the bolts of thunder extending across the vine, reaching outwards to anything that dared get near the radius of the attack.

Eventually, Lighteria collapses to the dirt, dizzy, aching and exhausted. The two corpses of the tigers quickly fade from the battlefield, covering in burns and cuts. He lays on the ground for a moment, panting heavily, trying to gather up his blades again.

((OCC: Two tigers dead. My pet kitten is licking Nall's wounds.))
Lv. 37 Twin Blade (180 SP)
Weapon: Rashou (Thunder Coil- 30, Suvi Lei- 20, Mumyn Lei- 30) (Life Drain)
Armor: Holy Tree Mail (Juk Kruz- 20) - Scarab Earring (La Repth- 20, Rip Maen- 40) - Time Sandals (Ap Do- 15) - Forest Gloves (Juk Kruz- 20)
GP: 14384

Wish list (In order of priority): Angel halo accessory, chibi angel wings, Bone Armor, Professional

Lighteria: "Obsessively updating my profile since Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:10 pm"

Hacorie
Ikkitousen

Post by Hacorie » Tue Nov 30, 2004 3:07 am

Hac watched on as Lighteria, the male Twin Blade of the new group jumped in front of him and started to take on the two tigers coming from that side. On Hac’s other side, one tiger came at him. Quickly he moved his feet and quickly ran at it. This Tiger had already been effected by a Karin, so it only had a little health left in it. With Ap Do activated, the Heavy Blade was almost the matched speed of the Tiger. Taking up the Byakuen, Hac smirked at the Tiger as he felt the fiery power of Ap Vakz still flowing through his bones and flesh heating his body temperature up to extremely hot for a normal human being. For this tiger, he did not think anything though, not a single spell was letting itself be known in his brain.

Within two steps of the monster, the Heavy Blade dressed in black took the katana above his head and planted his left foot forward. He then jumped straight up into the air, and just as he had suspected, so did the Forest Tiger. When in the air, you are trapped by my attacks and I by yours, but I am on guard, bye Mr. Tiger. Hac thought as he brought the sword down from above his head with the blade pointed horizontally outward with the sharp part facing down. The tiger which jumped into the attack was quickly cut in Half, as the sword broke through its body, and Hac’s body followed to separate it. As the halves of the bloody carcases lay on the ground, the monster seemed into the floor, dead.

A bright light then came upon the room as the leader or co-leader of the ‘old’ players used her light powers once again. She, with her high level would be weak, but he powers were strong enough to burn holes in the vines and seep any kind of water they had in them. This power eliminated the effect of the vines stopping Hac for a while. He looked over at Reinier and nodded his head as he turned back toward the tree. With the Tiger Hac had just killed, that left only three Forest Tigers left, one was attacking Ryok at the moment and the other two were around. To be exact, one was already behind the two Heavy Blades and heading toward the high-level player Nighthand who seemed to have blown himself up. Fire Burns Kids, Fire Burns . . . Wonder if he knows that? If not, he does now Moumo. The other Tiger was also behind Hac and Reinier. It was heading straight for Nall and his weakened state.

This left all the Forest Tigers either dead, or elsewhere. Reinier and I have a clear shot now. This tree is going down. Watching the tree grow larger and larger as they neared, Hac just looked at Reinier and then back at the tree. The fire in his fingertips and all over his body began to boil and feel like an eruption as he held the Byakuen sword tighter and tighter until he finally felt himself begin to sweat. KARIN! He thought as the fire that made him sweat came into an explosion of slashes from his sword. The fire highlighted the sword as the fire began to engulf the trunk of the tree in flames. A few vines from behind the tree then wrapped themselves around the trunk a couple of times while contracting then quickly expanding to make a wall of vines for protection. The vines in the end were contracting to put out Karin’s fire, and they ultimately expanded out a little and made a circular wall of protection around the gargantuan tree.

Gingistune’s rays were slowly deteriorating the vines, but at a slow rate. This is too slow, Rei and I need to do something quick before the vines decide to make a thicker wall we cannot break through.

Flashmail
To: Reinier

Yo we need to break through this barrier of vines before it is too late. They can handle the tigers and it may be up to us now until they can help. Let us get them!

End Flashmail

A small ringing sound caught his ears, and only he could hear it. As the bells rang a small voice spoke to him. “Do not give up hope Hac, do not fail.” The voice said as it finished and faded out along with the ringing. Who was that? The voice seems familiar, but who was it . . . Hac thought as he then put his mind back on the tree letting the fire erupt from body to blade once again. Veiled in Fire I break your wall, Karin!

His cloak flowed backwards as a gust of wind came upon him brushing the hood of his cloak off his head revealing golden blond hair which had been concealed earlier. His hair flowed down to the middle of his neck and then curled up, and his bangs went right above his eyes and then curled up. With blue eyes still glowing blue, Hac smirked at the wall of vines.

Time to die . . .

(OOC:1 more Tiger down....

7 tigers dead if I count right, and three attacking the people behind me ^_^, and Reinier, sorry I could not let the tree just get burninated, had to think of something to help restrain us from a full out assault on it)
Hacorie
Level 36 Heavy Blade
Gold: 21237

Equips
Oceanic Aura/Sharktooth-Ice Helm-Winter Coat-
Shiva's Rings-Bondage Pants
---Water Magic, BL Yokohama

Wishlist:
Level Meh Up
Weapons: Sakabatou/Rock n Roll/Peace Blade
Body: Knight's Armor
Other: Earthlore/Feng Shui
--------Water/Earth Scrolls

Reinier
Awakened Player

Post by Reinier » Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:28 am

Before Hac even had a chance to reply, the player Nighthand came up to Reinier and said, “If you think that'll work, go, I'll cover you."

Cover…?” Reinier began to say. Before he could even question what Nighthand’s plan of action was, he sped off. Well at least he’s fast as hell… Oh right the plan. Reinier clutched his sword tightly and gulped. This is the first time anything I’ve done in a quest is so important… and if I’m wrong, we could all be relatively screwed. Let me be right…Hac! I’ve got point!” Reinier called behind him. Before he could charge through the tigers like he planned, Hac Flashmailed him.

Flashmail
To:Reinier

Since we have that Nighthand guy behind us, attacking with spells by what I caught a glance with. That leaves us to go for it. You go for the tree. I’ll keep the tigers around us busy with Karin. Kill that tree!

End Flashmail

Why didn’t he just yell that? Whatever, I’ll just go. He seriously didn’t have time to think these things. Reinier just chalked it up to Hac being weird like always. He could feel a vast amount of fire behind him, and he turned his head to see Hac casting a massive flame spell around his sword, most likely Karin. Reinier took this as his window of opportunity and began running towards the tree.

Before he could get very far, he could feel something wrap up around his leg. A vine shot out of the ground and entangled his ankle, causing him to fall face first in to the ground. Two more vines shot up on both sides of the downed player and wrapped up his back, pinning him to the ground. He could feel as the vines constricted downwards, strangling out every bit of breath in his body.

He tried to cough, but he had no air to cough up. He looked down to the right to see that the vines weren’t totally against his body, so he would have a chance to cut them off. He threw his arm forward, gripping his Green Sword, and flipped the sword around so that the blade hugged against the side of his arm. With the blade of the sword dug in to the ground, he thrust the blade downwards as if he were to sheath it. He could feel the resistance of the vine against the blade, but it didn’t seem to be strong enough. The vine snapped, letting Reinier breathe once more. He flipped around on his back and stabbed the vine against his leg, and quickly jumped up.

Hac caught up to Reinier after doing whatever to the tigers. Reinier nodded to his comrade, and turned around and started running towards the tree once again. “This’ll work Hac! Don’t worry! It’s just like how my gramps always said…” Reinier said as he began to trail off.

Flash Back
Garrett, if you ever find that you’re somehow trapped in a video game in the near future, and you’re being viciously attacked by vines and a small horde of tigers, all you have to do is…

Yeah yeah, whatever gramps, that’ll never happen.

End Flash Back

Damnit! I knew I shoulda listened to him more often when I was little…

Reinier skimmed the field for a bit to see how the others were fairing against the players. It seemed most of the tigers had been slaughtered, and one was chasing down Hac and Reinier at the moment. Ryok seemed to be struggling against one, but that wouldn’t be much of a challenge for him. Just two? Huh, that’s odd… He didn’t have anymore time to think, because the pair of Heavy Blades reached the tree.

Reinier looked over to Hac who had already powered up his sword with a massive amount of fire energy, and unleashed another Karin spell against the tree. Before the spell could reach the tree, vines shot up from the depths of the earth and formed a massive entangled mess of a wall around the tree. The spell cut through the huge amounts of vines, but more took its’ place. This has to be the way to stop the vines, why else would they protect this God-forsaken tree so much?

Reinier and Hac began slashing viciously against the vines, trying to take them down a peg. They just kept coming and coming, regenerating to protect the tree. This is getting us no where fast… Out of the corner of his eye, he could spy the Fist Fighter Asgard. That guy has fire spells last time I checked… I’ve got it! Reinier waved down Asgard and Hac to come closer, as he revealed his “master plan.”

The vines’ll just keep coming, we know that. If you cast fire spells past the vines and in to the tree, there’s not much they can do about that except catch on fire.” Reinier explained as he smashed the vines with the help of Hac. “Ap Vakz!” Reinier called out. He shot the fire increasing spell upon Asgard, and smiled, and said, “Do your stuff, I sure as hell won’t be much use.” Reinier decided he would try and keep the vine wall busy while the other two players gave off their fire spells.

Before he could give much cover, a vine shot forward and latched around Reinier’s ankle. He raised his sword high to slash down, but to no avail. The vine shot him up in to the air, twirled him around clockwise, and flung him across the room. “Shiiiii--” Reinier managed to say, but wasn’t able to finish. The next thing he knew, he landed on someone soft and squishy, then bounced and landed in the dirt. “Ow… what the…?” Reinier laid belly down, face first in the dirt. He slowly peeked up his head to see that he landed on the Blade Master Nall.

Reinier’s body felt on fire, with all his joints burning in raw pain. He reached in to his pocket and pulled out a small vile of a Health Drink. He popped off the cork and downed the thick substance. The player gagged a bit, feeling healthy and rejuvenated, but at the same time wished that he hadn’t taken the drink now. “This stuff’s gotta be good for you… it tastes so nasty…” Reinier muttered. He slowly came to his feet, and began running back to the tree to offer any assistance he could.

Didn’t think I’d be doing this when I woke up this morning…
Reinier's Wishlist: Sakabatou|Sharktooth
Abraxas' Wishlist: Complementry|Summon
The Hack's Wishlist: Wall lvl 2

Nighthand
Master of Games

Post by Nighthand » Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:09 am

Nighthand surveyed the scene for a while, and it seemed like the vines were occupied. Three tigers remained... One heading for one of the newer compainions, Ryok, while the other two headed for the unconscious Nall.

"Who to save...." Nighthand muttered to himself, once again fishing for a scroll.

Pondering a second more, the heavyblade-turned-mage opted to save the lower level of the two. After all, maybe his attack would lure the remaining two away.

He drew a Raging Earth scroll from his overstuffed pouch, and once again prepared to call, charge, and release the power on the Tiger.

Narrowing his eyes to slits, Nighthand kepts his gaze moving, watching the tigers, vines, and everything else.

Activating the scrolls, he immediatly grasped on the energy, holding it to increase it's power from the level one spell stuck in the scroll to that of a level two spell. (Hold roll: 1; critical failure)

The power almost immediatly began to warp. It pulsed uncontrollably, the spell varying from little more than a fizzle to a massive level four. Shaking, Nighthand tried to time the spell for a high point and let it fly for the tiger he had targeted.

To his horror, the spell receded on it's flight to merely the simple level one of a normal scroll. But then, it's target began to wobble... It shifted, first to another tiger, then the tree, then to Nall, and then, just as it was about to strike the fallen blademaster, it veered suddenly.

Right for Hijinx.

By some fluke, or perhaps plan on her part, the rabbit dodged the bolt of energy.

All the while this was happening, the power of the spell was increasing. It struck the wall as somewhere between a level 2 and level 3 spell, a single massive stone column rising with ferocious power and speed from the ground.

Unlike a normal spell, however, the column didn't disappear. Instead, it stayed. Then it began to shake. Cracks formed in it's surface, and with a groan, it shattered. Sharp rock shrapnel scattered everywhere. From the billowing cloud of dust strode a BFT, clone to the one they had fought outside. It lifted it's club and roared. Spotting Hijinx there as the closest player, it ran for her. It's club came crashing down, and the cry of "stomp" flew from it's mouth.

It was a modified stomp, however. Instead of having the stunning effect of a normal stomp, it instead seemed to interact with the vines. All around itself, they rose up, forming a high and tough fence in a circle, enclosing Hijinx and the Troll, cutting them off from everything else.

Nighthand looked on while all of this happened in less than five minutes. I never realized my powers could summon a creature...

They can't. Look to where the spell went off.

He looked, and indeed it wasn't a summon. There was a small room, no exits and just as crawling with vines as everywhere else, that ha dobviously held the troll until his spell had awoken it, where it burst out and rampaged.

He looked around. Thankfully he hadn't killed any of his teammates, but, with the exception of Gingi on the inside of her shield, had taken SOME damage from the rock shrapnel. The tigers were also wounded, and several vines were pinned to the ground.

"My bad..." Nighthand said, then mumbled to himself. "I'll need to be more careful with this now..."

(OOC: Alright, since Nall hasn't said what the attacks on the tree did, I'm posting this. Three tigers, mildly wounded, still exist... Make the vines take a larger role, people, they're still there and not to be ignored. They don't LIKE being ignored. Jinx is sealed away with her own battle. Though any roll on my spell would have been modified to work storywise this time, I left it as is to show the possible damage of a critical failure... I still can't believe I actually rolled a one... But anyways, yeah. Nall... You should probably let us know what's working, else another BFT might "accidentally" step on you or something...)

Phoenix512
Exalted Player

Post by Phoenix512 » Sun Dec 05, 2004 6:32 am

Phoenix was continuing to guard Nall from the vines and the tigers. The vines were trying to absorb the remaining life of the fallen blademaster but Phoenix would not let them to have their way. He managed to cut each vine that got close to them but it was trying him out. These vines just keep on coming. I can’t go on like this. I need a short break from swinging my sword at them. If only my strength at full capacity, I could keep on going… As his thought was about to end, he heard his guardian bird. “Kazuma-sama, use your body to protect Nall. I will give you a break.” But how? Phoenix communicated to her. “Just trust me.”

Phoenix gave Suzaku silence as he covered Nall with his body. I hope you know what you doing, Suzaku. Suzaku flew overhead Phoenix and Nall and casted a Vak Rom spell. The fiery tornado was a familiar move for Phoenix as he used that move in the past. The tornado was a barrier protecting them from any outside attacks but it has its drawback as well. The players in the tornado receive some damage as well but not as much compared to if an attack went unblocked. Phoenix was receiving heat damage and scorch marks began to appear on his body. The vines that tried to attack the pair were burning and retreated back from the fiery barrier.

Thanks, Suzaku. This is the time I needed to recover. Wait, what’s that? Suzaku, is that a cat I’m seeing? I doubt that it’s the enemy but none of us has a cat as a guardian except for Gingi-sama but her is a sphinx. “I believe so. It belongs to that twin blade, Lighteria.” The fiery tornado ended its run and immediately Phoenix got right back up. He saw the cat began to lick Nall’s wounds. I guess I can let you deal with Nall for a little bit. The vines immediately went back to trying to steal Nall’s life. Phoenix once again began to cut the vines as he still fighting at diminished strength. As he was focusing on cutting the vines, Reinier managed to land on Nall.

Phoenix saw Reinier giving Nall a health drink before continuing attacking the tree. The heavy blade didn’t even say anything to me. Oh well, at least he could help me protecting Nall. He went back towards Nall and noticed a strange sight. He saw a bolt of energy shifting from tiger to tiger and then went towards to Nall. Phoenix quickly ran to Nall to protect him but it was not necessary as the bolt of energy went towards Hijinx and struck the wall. A huge rock column sprung up from the earth and suddenly shattered. Phoenix immediately dove onto Nall and Kit to protect them from rock shrapnel.

He screamed in pain from the shrapnel impacted on his body. Some of the pieces went into his back. Damn. Those pieces went into my back. I can’t protect Nall like this at the rate I’m going. Wait a second. I got an id… He saw the BFT and the barrier of vines that surround it along with Hijinx. Then he saw almost everyone except for Gingitsune affect by the shrapnel including the vines. He slowly got back up and said to Kit, “Hey, neko. I need to take Nall to Gingi-sama. Would you mind getting off of Nall for a minute or two so I can carry him?”

The cat stopped licking Nall’s wounds and went away from him. If I was at full strength, I could carry him easily but I’m not. I guess I have to use my gravity powers again. Phoenix made Nall lighter so he can carry him easier. He picked up the unconscious blademaster and put him on his left shoulder. Suzaku, cover me. Phoenix commanded his guardian. With Nall on his left shoulder, Phoenix was still carrying his sword in his right hand. Phoenix went towards Gingitsune at half speed so he would not drop Nall. Kit was trailing behind them and vines were approaching the pair. Phoenix was slashing at the vines left and right but he could not get the vines from behind. The vines almost got Phoenix and Nall until two fireballs hit the vines.

The maker of the fireballs was Phoenix’s guardian, Suzaku. Thanks, Suzaku. He managed to get Gingitsune but he could not stop immediately. He crashed into the barrier and fell. “Gingi-sama, would you drop the barrier for a second so I could put Nall into the barrier.” The wavemistress drop the barrier and Phoenix quickly put Nall a couple of feet behind Gingitsune. He took off the gravity effect from Nall. Crap. That was painful. I haven’t enough to recover from using my power last time. The cat went back to licking Nall’s wounds. “Thanks, Gingi-sama. Time to take out some tigers.”

Phoenix saw a pair of tigers that were heading for Nall earlier. He rushed towards them with his sword at full extension. Both tigers charged at the master of gravity. They were side by side and leapt at Phoenix at the same time. “GAN SLASH!” The blade went from steel into stone. He dodged to his right and stuck the tiger’s left claw. He forcibly cut the tiger’s claw and penetrated the tiger’s midsection. The tiger fell to its knee and faded away from the room. Phoenix saw a group of vines ahead but he could not stopped immediately once again and ran into the vines.

The vines grabbed the blademaster and began to drain the life from him. Suzaku noticed that the tiger was closing on her master. She cast a Vak Rom around the tiger which cause it to stop in its tracks temporarily but the bird paid a price. The vines snuck up and took the bird as well. Both Phoenix and Suzaku were trapped by the vines and slowly their life was taken away by them.

(OOC: Another tiger is dead.)
Phoenix
Level 48 Blademaster
Equipped Skills: Vak Revolver, Gan Revolver, Dek Vorv, La Repth, Juk Kruz, Rue Kruz, BiVak Rom, GiGan Zot
Other Skills: Rue Kruz, Rip Synk, Rip Saem, Crack Beat, Rue Slash, Ani Slash, Gan Crack, Gan Revolver

Wish List: Phoenix's Fire, Gold Necklace
EX-Spheres: LV 3 - Overdrive, LV 3 - Curative, LV 3 - Elemental Breath

Gingitsune
WaveMistress

Post by Gingitsune » Sun Dec 05, 2004 5:22 pm

Gingitsune watched as the room exploded with power, sending dangerous rock shrapnel ricocheting across the room. For a split second she pondered expanding her shield, but knew that it was not a good idea, it would just allow the material in and nullify the protecting effects.
She looked around as the dust settled, her teammates were injured, but not mortally so- and she herself was safe, as the light shield had deflected most particles, and melted others. Casting a furtive look around for enemies she focused on a healing spell for her comrades, shifting her body to encompass all of them, and releasing a healing light.

The tigers were not her concern, she knew that the other players could easily take care of them, and her focus continued to be the vines- undulating wickedly in the darkness. Her cancer was spreading throughout them, and she hoped that it would soon infiltrate the tree- the brown, withering spots upon the plants were giving off an unnerving and foul smelling stench as their data was destroyed and altered by her powerful sun beams. The vines, which thrived in darkness, were shrivelling in the powerful sunlight- and that, in turn, made them slower and less powerful. Even without her full power, she knew she was stopping them- if only slowly.

"The tree."

Gingitsune looked up to where Jocasta was perched, looking like a queenly gargoyle in the beam of golden light.

"Focus on the tree, you've had a great effect on the vines, now try the same thing with the tree. Plants are extremely sensitive to light, it burns them and harms them more than even fire can. The light infiltrates them deeply- the burn spots on the vines are spreading, and they are an affliction from which the vines cannot recover."

Gingitsune nodded slowly and began to move forward. One step at a time. She focused her light shield onto the unconscious Nall and gave herself a much more compact, form-fitting one. Jocasta hissed impatiently, and flew down from her perch to where Gingitsune was walking.

"Here, I'll help you..." the Sphinx said in a cattish tone, and abruptly sank her curved claws lightly into Gingitsune's shoulder, spread her enormous angelic wings, and took off into the air.
It was amazing that such a small creature would have such strength, but within moments they were airbourne and dodging the flailing limbs of the vines.Then, just as abruptly as she had been picked up, Gingi was dropped.

For a split second Gingitsune felt a pang of fear at falling, but she recovered and landed neatly on both feet and straightened up. This spot was much more strategically sound than her last one, and she was very close to the dark tree. Again, raising one hand toward the heavens she began to focus her light energy- the scattered beams which had been searching for vine flesh changed their angles, and began to beat directly upon her uplifted palm. More and more and more, until Gingitsune's body was bathed in a brilliant, blinding light.

She would need more.

Gingitsune angled her other palm so that it was directly opposite the tree, pointing at it's core deep within the dark bark. With a tiny gesture, she shifted the light from her left palm to her right and sent the full blast of the light energy toward the tree.

Within seconds the foul stench of the vines had been amplifyed ten-fold, and Gingitsune knew her light energy was having some effect.
Now she just had to keep it going for as long as it took, already the phengophobic branches were stretching away.

I really hope this works, Gingitsune thought to herself, straining and focusing all of her spiritual energy.

Hijinx
Exalted Player

Post by Hijinx » Tue Dec 07, 2004 11:55 pm

Casting a stupefied gaze over the vine wall around her, hijinx blinked twice and moaned. Gingitsune had stopped using her light powers over such a wide area, but the twinblade had a head-ache from it now that was making her irritable. To top that off, she was also coming down from her drunkenness, resulting in a severe hangover. This only served to increase the pangs of pain in her head and the troll wasn't helping much; what with the club and the swinging it around in her general direction. Something would have to be done about all this, or she would have to angry. Her ears lay flat against her scalp as the beast roared in her face. Clasping her furry hands over her ears she groaned and squinted at the monsters ugly mug. The creature evidently had no intention of being quiet about his business;also, it clearly had no concern for the rabbits feelings. Hijinx definitely wasn't in the frame of mind for tolerating this type of treatment.

As the BFT raised it's club high over his hideous head, the rabbit yanked her pet abruptly from her pocket. She dropped the oval blob on the ground in front of her and frowned, giving her head a good rub with her other paw. The blob burbled indignantly and yawned as only a clear blue circle of fluid-like substance can. Pointing at the monstrosity the twinblade winched and whined loudly. As if trying to kill her wasn't bad enough, it had to shout too. Regardless, the pet formed a wide squishy column in front of her as she kneeled and tried to shake the painful ring from her long ears. It rose to hijinx's full standing height and waited. Sure enough, the ugly bugger swung straight down without a care, the blow landing on the top of the circular pillar. Much to it's surprise though, the club pushed the apparently springy mass of the blob down about halfway before the weapon sprung back. Also to his surprise it sprung back up into his face. Also also to his increasingly evident surprise, the rabbit had waited for the club to begin it's descent, pushing it towards his toes with all of the force she could muster.

Now, it's well known that trolls react badly to getting hit in the face with a club, and more so when that same club squashes their toes flat like a pancake. The interesting part to her was how well a giant ball of muscle with legs could hop on one foot, or more particularly how loud they screamed in these kinds of situations.

Screaming back at the monster at the top of her lungs, she grabbed the club by the smaller end and snarled. Giving the hefty weapon a mighty heave she slung it backwards onto urbosh, who had been happily relaxing in his pillar form. Seeing the glaring and furious player about to slam the massive stone mallet down the creature stopped hopping. It shook it's head and whimpered pitifully as it held it's squashed left foot in both hands. Hijinx cast a vicious glance at the pathetic thing; it's high pithed whimpering wasn't helping the throbbing pulse in her brain in the least. Urbosh, now at the tip of it's annoyance, bubbled up visibly inside and pushed the rocky weapon back with more force than the troll had used. The monster shut it's eyes and whimpered as the thing came down quick and harsh. The room rocked with the blow, the smash echoing outside and scaring flocks of digital birds away from the cave.

Wailing like a banshee the troll rocked back and forth on it's back, a foot in each massive paw. It cried and bellowed as hijinx glared at it some more, at least until it caught sight of the angry rabbit again. It quickly bit it's lip and whimpered, lest it should enrage her again. Turning her back on the beast she looked at the vine cage with distaste. The behemoth, trying hard to be sneaky now, stood awkwardly and picked up a large chunk of the mangled floor. As it stepped forward onto an oddly balanced and large piece of the displaced floor the thoughtful twinblade stepped off. The slab flipped upwards, catching the unfortunate beast in the forehead with a smack. Stumbling from side to side it shook it's head and blinked drowsily. No sooner then it's eyes were open was hijinx in it's face. Lunging forward, the rabbit thrust her index fingers forward and with as much flare as she could she poked the BFT in the eyes. As it started to step back she landed and planted a kick on the inside of the enemies' leg. The end result was the rock it carried flying upward as it toppled onto it's back. Opening his eyes again, the monster had just enough time to start a yelp before the stone block flattened his face. The BFT faded into data as a stalwart hijinx posed and flexed before clapping the dust off her hands.
Hijinx the Lucky Former Rabbit
Level 35.000 Fist Fighter
Equip: Fist Guards, Wyrm Hide, guard cap, Snow panther, silver bracers
Item: 5 ressurect, 2 antidote, 10 healing potions, 6 Emperor's Soul, 3 Raging Earth, 5 Ice Floe, 4 Gale Breath, Knights Bane, 10 Speed Charms
Money: 1103gp
"The problem with life is there's no back-ground music."

Nall
Elevated Player

Post by Nall » Wed Dec 08, 2004 8:33 pm

(OOC: *kills himself* bleh, sorry peeps, I had some technical difficulties since the weekend I was away... >_<; If I knew I was gonna be gone even longer then planned I would have told Nighty to take over.)

The room was a disaster. Fallen rocks mixed with dead vines littered the floor. The tigers were nearly finnished, and the vines were slowing down. The giant tree twisted in pain as the series of attacks hit it. It was large, but the fire attacks combined with Gingitsunes light powers were too much for it. It made small groans as Gingi focused her light on it, frying the tree with great effect.

A small moan escaped the lips of Nall. He looked up to see a small kitten staring down at him. Kit looked almost as suprised as Nall. Kit moved away from his face as Nall looked around, surveying what he had missed. The light wasn't affecting him any longer, but the light 'shield' also acted as his prison. Nall wouldn't dare move from the spot he layed.

The dark tree was slowly withering away, more and more. The vines were no longer regenerating and the ones that were still mobile, were slow and weak. It would only take Gingitsune a couple more minutes to completely finnish it off.

Nall sighed to himself. When did Gingitsune get power over Light? How much power did she have? It was scary for Nall to think about this. He suddenly wished he was on his own again.

"This is bad... Very bad... Bad on so many levels..."
Nall squirmed in his prison of light. While Gingitsune may be an 'ally,' she did trust Nall, no one did. She had the means to hurt Nall, but Nall didn't wish to hurt her.

"I... I have to get out of here...!"

The tree finally withered away and died. It, along with the vines, exploded into tiny, shiney particles which floated through the air. With its deletion, the hack on the room was lifted and everyones strength returned. As the barrier on the field was lifted, the door behind them opened up and in came a strange little creature.

"Hmm? ..Nayru?"
Someone from the group seemed mumbled. The small, flying cat-like creature flew into the room. The earth shook and cracked as the ground benieth them crumbled. The powerful shockwave, caused by Nall, ripped through the floor and fell to the level below. Nall landed on his feet and bolted it through the door leaving the group behind.

"Nall! GET BACK HERE!"
Screamed the tiny creature. The group looked puzzled, the cat looked frustrated. The fall from floor to floor was painful, but not very damaging.

"RAAAWWWRRR! IDIOT!"
Nayru was freaking out, flying around in circles, screaming words not meant to be heard by children. Nayru finally stopped and turned to look at the group.

"Hurry up and heal yourselves! We have to go after him!"
Nayru huffed. Nall was weak, injured, and running head first towards the hacker. He was putting himself in massive danger. Whether the group cared or not, the hacker was still waiting at the bottom of the dungeon.
Nall//Blademaster | SWORD | Time Headband | Kagayuzen | Hands of Life | White Boots | {Life Drain}{Skill Drain} <Rue Crack> <Rue Revolver> <Ap Do> <Miu Lei> <Ol Repth> <Rip Maen>

Phoenix512
Exalted Player

Post by Phoenix512 » Thu Dec 09, 2004 2:50 am

Phoenix and Suzaku were continuing to struggle against the vines. They were almost completely finished off by the life-draining strength until the vines were withering away. The blademaster and the bird dropped to the ground since the vines did not any strength to contain the both of them. Suzaku, are you ok? Phoenix communicated to the guardian.

“I will be ok once I rest. I’ll heal you first.” Suzaku said to Phoenix and cast Repth on her master. Phoenix felt and saw the glow of the Repth spell covering his body. He felt refresh and proceed to cast the same spell on Suzaku. “Thank you, Kazuma-sama. It seems that the tree has finally died off along with the tigers.” She said to Phoenix.

Yes, I noticed but there’s something that bothers me. I couldn’t stop immediately like I normally do. Not once but twice. I doubt it’s from the strength sapping effect from the hacker. I wonder what it could… The thought was interrupted by the floor crumbling away. Phoenix fell through the floor at a slow rate. He managed to land on the floor with a grace of a gymnast and sees Nall leaving the room. What the hell is he doing now? Leaving before everyone is ready. Baka.

Phoenix then heard Nayru’s anger at Nall and then heard Nayru’s command at the group to chase after Nall. Suzaku, revert to your disguise form for now. “Understood.” The bird quickly transforms into a necklace and went around Phoenix’s neck.

Phoenix sheaved his sword and proceeded to talk to everyone. “Everyone before we go and chase after Nall, I think I realized why those five were brought here by Nall. I was hoping that Nall would tell you this but it seems that his weakened state has made him crazy.” Phoenix took a pause before continuing. “I think Nall knew the hacker and her abilities before even coming here. Considering how three of you are below level 20 and how the strength drain spell worked. You were brought here as weapons against that effect. It’s a petty thing for Nall to do but right now, we need him.”

Phoenix finished his speech to the others and began to walk towards the exit that Nall went through. Why are you so anti-trusting towards people, Nall? Once the Treeweaver and the hacker are destroyed, I’ll give you a beating that my words will sink into that thick head of yours. Suzaku, I still worry about that stopping immediately. We were lucky last time but next time it could finish me off. Phoenix waited for the others before chasing after Nall and the hacker.
Phoenix
Level 48 Blademaster
Equipped Skills: Vak Revolver, Gan Revolver, Dek Vorv, La Repth, Juk Kruz, Rue Kruz, BiVak Rom, GiGan Zot
Other Skills: Rue Kruz, Rip Synk, Rip Saem, Crack Beat, Rue Slash, Ani Slash, Gan Crack, Gan Revolver

Wish List: Phoenix's Fire, Gold Necklace
EX-Spheres: LV 3 - Overdrive, LV 3 - Curative, LV 3 - Elemental Breath

ryok
Elevated Player

Post by ryok » Thu Dec 09, 2004 3:25 am

-The Forest Tiger's claw tackled him to the ground it's other claw comming across his chest. Ryok screamed in terror.. Kakashi had never felt the pain of razors cleaving his skin like that ever before. He was she it wouldn't be the last. His left arm outstreched, and with his right he began to crawl towards his blade. Half way there he stopped, and shoved his legs between him and the tiger. They lifted up straining on the weight of the creature. All Ryok could do was move it a few feet away, but it was enough he didn't have enough time to rise so he pushed a little harder, and slid his legs along the ground to get ever closer. As the tiger got up he was there, so so close he could taste the blood upon the blade already. His right arm untensed, and he reached for a health drink. Going down to help him slightly as the tiger landed on him again. He could fell the blades handle cloth, but thats it. He needed just to move a little bit more. It's paw backed up again, and came down on to his chest like a bag of bricks. He couldn't breath, and his eyes were closing. He couldn't die..

-His legs pushed with what ever power he had left while the tiger perched on him bare down on him more. Ryok's hand grabbed the blade, and swung upwards into the creatures neck. It felt like a million pounds he was lifting, but it seemed ok. It didn't get lodged in the well enough to get stuck. Blood and so much of it.. He had never seen so much before. The Forest Tiger let up, and Ryok could breath again. His right hand came across his body, and started pounding the blade deeper, and deeper into it. As it fell off dead he noticed everything else was also dead. He had gotten through his first battle, and wasn't dead suprisingly. He couldn't heal, and wasn't about to ask someone he didn't know. He could smell the blood of that thing on the ground that lay only a few feet from him. He stepped up to it, and picked it up with no problem. The hack had lifted, and everything was normal again.

-Is this all.. a dream?.. Or is this real. I don't know, and won't know until I die then will I?.. Well, I don't wish to find out at the moment. I need to make new friends. I am me, but I am not.. Its like playing a game that I can't get out of. Thats exactly what it's like, but I am really here doing these things. I wonder if I get tired, or hunger, even have to go to the bathroom?.. I wonder

-He was looking around the room puzzled. Ryok's shirt mended itself like the good game that it was. His health was low, and he could almost tell. Somehow he needed to be refreshed. Thoughts were still racing through his mind, and it seemed he was staring off into space.

-How could this of happened?!.. How?..

-He had to ask a question..

-"What happened to us?.." He said looking over at Gingitsune. Just as that left his mouth he looked over at a cat like creature which had seemed to enter the room just as they had finished the monsters.

-"Hmm? ..Nayru?" someone said from behind him. A crack ran through the ground, and Nall dropped to the ground below.

-"Nall! GET BACK HERE!" It screamed out as Nall had fallen through. The ground continued to crack until the whole floor was ready to colapse into itself. Sure enough it did. The creature spoke as the ground diminished under the others. Ryok falling to the level below without to many problems. "RAAAWWWRRR! IDIOT!" The monster rawred. Ryok was sure he had never seen a talking creature like this before, and was starting to woder about it when.. "Hurry up and heal yourselves! We have to go after him!" It shouted to everyone. Ryok would follow, but he wasn't going to be the first on into the next room. Besides the fact that he needed to be healed was also a factor to lower his otherwise cockyness. Ryok looked around waiting for someone else to move. Phoe spoke..

-“Everyone before we go and chase after Nall, I think I realized why those five were brought here by Nall. I was hoping that Nall would tell you this but it seems that his weakened state has made him crazy.” He stopped, and looked around waiting for people to aknowledge him. “I think Nall knew the hacker and her abilities before even coming here. Considering how three of you are below level 20 and how the strength drain spell worked. You were brought here as weapons against that effect. It’s a petty thing for Nall to do but right now, we need him.” Ryok sighed, and was going to add another question about what had happened to them, but he was to lazy, and was in fact tired. Answering one of his many questions. Yes, he could get tired..

(OOC:Yeayeayea it sucked I know tight with school. I gtg to bed. T_T;;)

Ryok| Lvl. 27| Heavy Blade| Demonic Sword| Kagayuzen| Fire Bracer| Suzaku Fiery Pants
Karin| Kannon| Miu Lei| Vak Rom| Vak Don| Dek Vaks| Ap Vaks
Skill Drain| Death

Wish list:Black Sharp Angelic Wings| Time Headband| Unique Weapon

Nighthand
Master of Games

Post by Nighthand » Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:40 am

Nighthand watched as everything ended rather abruptly in front of him. He didn't even have time to ready another spell.

The vines gone, the tree dead, and the creature he had accidentally freed eliminated, Nighthand was just about to step further into the room when the ground shook. A hole opened in the floor and Nall plunged through, followed quickly by a couple other players.

Hearing a flutter of wings behind him, he turned. He quickly spotted what appeared to be a white cat with wings flying towards him.

"Hmm... Nayru?" He said to it. Barely pausing to dodge him, the creature began it's tirade. It was, of course, the usual. Since the thing HAD been virtually created by Nall, of course it would advise them to follow him.

Nighthand shrugged. He scratched the tattoo on the back of his hand. His cerberus hadn't had any play yet in this quest.

"It's about time to let you out, my friend..." he whispered to the cerberus. You'll be more helpful once we reach the hacker.

He took a few steps and perched on the edge of the hole. He didn't have any special powers to make his fall any less daunting, but it didn't matter so much. He leapt lightly down to the rubble below, then began to follow Nall's path.

He wasn't in much of a hurry. Nall, even in his weakened state, could probably take care of himself...

--flashbacks--
Melzas' fight wrote:Nall was on his knees, half his body frozen in ice with another sinister looking player standing in front of him. Nall's face was blue so he was apparently in this condition for quite some time.
Garaa's battle wrote:The black energy surrounded, consumed and vaporized Nalls character.
Earlier wrote:Nall's ankle was encircled by a vine, portruding from the earth. Before he could make a move to remove it or get up, several more vines shot up from the earth, wrapping around him and pinning him to the floor.
--end flashbacks--

Then again....

Nighthand picked up his pace a bit, wondering what trouble the overconfident blademaster would toss them in this time.