Talk about anything you want here, just keep it clean, thank you!

Moderator: Nighthand

Lord Canti
Exalted Player

Re: The Current Quest Thread

Post by Lord Canti » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:41 am

I believe I can take care of his Physical Tolerance. It's Knight's Bane that does it, correct? I had Canti get Banes because he hates tolerances like that. If I could get a little scripting done, then good.
I'll have a doozy of a sig later, I swear. It'll reflect ".hack//CODE" an' everything.

Hey look! A profile! It's got items and stats and things! Cool! If it isn't fully up to date, it will be, so don't worry 'bout it.

Dien
Exalted Player
Class: Blademaster

Post by Dien » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:35 pm

Be warned: he's determining the effectiveness of Dek spells with dice. You might have more luck than me, but it took some six tries for me to get Dek Vakz to stick...
Image|||Level 35 Blademaster (+200 EXP)
Wishlist: EXP, Ends of Earth, Armor with Status Effects

Lord Canti
Exalted Player

Post by Lord Canti » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:56 pm

Nah, my attempts to weaken him (on the physical AND magical defense stat) didn't stick at all. However, I did do some other interesting things that everyone should pay attention to like hell. It took longer for me to die!
I'll have a doozy of a sig later, I swear. It'll reflect ".hack//CODE" an' everything.

Hey look! A profile! It's got items and stats and things! Cool! If it isn't fully up to date, it will be, so don't worry 'bout it.

Locke
Ikkitousen
Class: Twin Blade

Post by Locke » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:32 pm

First thing to say: OW. That wasn't fun to get Data Drained. x.x

Order of business for all (And I'll write up a Flashmail or something for this)

1. Get Demorian up in HP. He's the one most likely to keep Tritoch's attention while surviving, so that we can get everyone up and recovered.
2. Get any Medium Classes 32+ up (we have Rip Synk/Teyn at that point and more SP than Heavy Classes) for recovering.
3. Get any Heavy Classes 23+ up (They have the same debuff removals but slightly less SP dependent on level) for recovering.
4. Get rid of all debuffs. Ap Do to cancel out the Dek, Elemntal Aps for a group cancellation of those debuffs. (They're area-of-effect) From there use Antidotes/Restoratives/Rip Synk/Rip Teyn to remove debuffs without fear of wasting one of those on an elemental. That's five less to worry about.
Last edited by Locke on Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Character Information
Baron | Level 47 Twin Blade [100/1000 EXP] | 891 HP / 265 SP
Weapon: Fishskin
Armor: Emperor's Crown/Bone Armor/Thunder Gloves/Ninja Anklet
Accessories/Books: Ethereal Angel Wings, Silver Grunty
Skills: Thunder Coil, Gale of Swords
Spells: Merrows, GiRai Don, BiVak Rom, GiGan Zot, Rai Don, Ani Don, Duk Lei
GP: 750 (As of 8/2/15)
Wishlist: Nny Scales, Lucky Shoes, Saint Cross, Greave Sticker, Pet EX-Levels/Spheres(!)

Takua
Ikkitousen
Class: Wavemaster

Post by Takua » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:45 pm

Although Sekai or myself can spam Ola Repth to counter the poison and the fact that we're also at 1 HP, the best targets to get back up and running (other then the two who didn't get charmed/sleep/confusioned) would be Locke and any Heavy classes past level 23 or any Medium past level 32. I say that simply because they have Rip Teyn and Rip Synk, wheras the Light classes, like myself do not.

Also, a very risky but possible method would be to kill someone and see if you could revive them without buffs, but with what happened to Nights, I suspect that we'll be going the long method on this.
Takua - Lvl 57 Wavemaster
Wishlist: Levels, Stun Rod, Hag's Wand, Wand of Truth, Ex-Level, Ex-Spheres, and Myth: Demiurge, FL Fukuoka

Talal
Ikkitousen
Class: Twinblade

Post by Talal » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:21 pm

I would offer to be the guinea pig of deathdom but on the flip side of that, I wouldn't be of much use after being revived according to the ideas mentioned above other than proving whether it would work or not.
Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Walk beside me that we may be as one.
Talal
Level 39 (0/1000 EXP) Twin Blade

Weapons/Armor: Mukuro (Swirling Dark, Dark Dance), Ice Hunter Cap (Repth), Wristbands (Juk Rom), Fishing Gloves (Rue Kruz), Wyrm Hide (Gan Don), Snow Panther (Ap Vorv)

Wish List: Scrolls, Tarot Cards, and Armor higher than level 30.

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:57 am

One thing to note: Only Demorian has had his HP and SP set to 1. Everyone else is at the HP and SP they were prior to being data drained. I've seen a couple people misread this, so I figured I'd clarify.

Lord Canti
Exalted Player

Post by Lord Canti » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:02 am

Now, lemme get this straight, so that there is no confusion on the part of me.

I have every Dek in the book (as though I said "Dek me" again) and I have every bad status in the book, because I've been hit with a widespread Data Drain that is blasted sorta' like a shotgun (or maybe a group of shotguns). And since I have everything, even if paralysis and sleep are redundant and in conflict with each other, the only reason I'm not automatically tearing someone's throat out is because I can't move. Also, this goes for nearly everyone else.

Suggestion: If it's possible to chose which bad status to go after first, I would go with the ones that'll turn us on each other first. If that's not possible, please cure them off very quickly.

Also, since I DON'T have Rip Teyn or Rip Synk, I wouldn't be against sticking it to Tritoch's fat face to keep him occupied. Remember, in order to put me down, he has to commit his arsenal to outpace me. At the height of his mirth, he'll need someone to kick him in the groin.

Actually...has he GOT a groin anymore?

Dien
Exalted Player

Post by Dien » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:05 am

Well Dien was ghosted at the time of the data drain, and after asking Nighthand, he actually managed to escape its effects. But the problem is that no one can revive him except Raq, Lights, or Zan. So while he could very easily get the plan to save everyone in motion and get the potshot defense in motion, the boulder needs a bit of wind to push it off the cliff.

Takua
Ikkitousen

Post by Takua » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:12 am

Big question: are they even around right now to start this off or are we just going to have to say that they helped us and get this going?
Wishlist: Levels, Stun Rod, Hag's Wand, Wand of Truth, Ex-Level, Ex-Spheres, and Myth: Demiurge, FL Fukuoka

Dien
Exalted Player

Post by Dien » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:47 pm

Well, Zan's complaining about lack of motivation (to which I say deal with it), I haven't seen Raq around, and Lights and I don't usually talk anyway. o.o

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:36 am

I don't know about Raq at the moment. Lights is around though, just someone needs to bug him to post. >_>

As for Zan... -.-

Also, unless it hits Friday without one of the three posting, I'd prefer not to just "assume" one of them did what they need to. If they don't post, they haven't done anything.

On the other hand, if it hits Friday without one of them posting, this round is essentially a failure (not to mention an example of why I don't like making quests hit a point where they rely on specific people...). So I have two options: either have Tritoch wipe us all out while we're defenseless, which is the shitty solution... or find one of several methods of getting the group back into working order. Chances are I'll go the latter.

Also, for the sake of simplicity, I'll allow you to remove specific debuffs first (though IC, consider it just luck that you got that one.)

Takua
Ikkitousen

Post by Takua » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:51 am

Oh I don't know. Having Tritoch generally wipe us out might serve its own purpose to make a few points about how the Freedom Fighters work and how far we have to go. While I'd prefer to kill the guy right now instead of having him swoop down, even more buffed up, later on, it certainly holds some plot-based appeal.

Dien
Exalted Player

Post by Dien » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:25 pm

Having Tritoch wipe us out also has the advantage of getting rid of those pesky debuffs that we've got to deal with. By the same token, though, what are the chances of us actually surviving annihilation? We did it that once against Primal only 'cause Marionette hit Ctrl+Z. If everyone in the party is dead, doesn't that make it game over (or is Sheena still partied up, despite being physically removed from the party)? Either way, it would only be luck that allows us to keep going after annihilation to that degree.

By the same token, I was thinking of having Dien make a break for the town to get some help. If he can get there, get resurrected, and drag some Yamiyites(?) back to the fight with him, we might stand a better chance.

I think it's sufficient to say that there's almost no way the Freedom Fighters can do this on their own, though...

Lord Canti
Exalted Player

Post by Lord Canti » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:40 pm

Actually, Nighthand, I think this narratively gives us the right to some intervention. The battle has gone into several rounds of awesome fighting and dying for a good cause. Now, the villain has unleashed his ultimate weapon and FORGOT that his back is to a town, a town whose Guardians he disabled. There should be an influx of people who come out and see this thing causing a rampage, obviously a threat to the town. Storywise, this is as good a time as any for his grand ascension to turn on him as he's made to realize that no human will ever back him up again, that he is alone and flightless and there is maybe a great amount of people ready to blast him JUST on the other side of that wall. From there, it suits me fine that we get revived and join in a colossal takedown.

Either that or...could we throw someone like Dien on his back where he can't reach, pulling a Shadow of the Colossus?