Talk about anything you want here, just keep it clean, thank you!

Moderator: Nighthand

Dien
Exalted Player
Class: Blademaster

Re: The Current Quest Thread

Post by Dien » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:34 am

*holds on for dear life until he stops bucking*

...gotta...stab...!

*holds sword back for an inordinately long period of time*

...gotta...stab...now...!

*stabs, gets thrown off back*

The problem with that is that he can just throw a spell of some kind at me, or use one of his lance-tentacles to rape me.

And actually, Canti, this is just the second round of fighting against Tritoch.
Image|||Level 35 Blademaster (+200 EXP)
Wishlist: EXP, Ends of Earth, Armor with Status Effects

Lord Canti
Exalted Player

Post by Lord Canti » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:44 am

It's been whole minutes. That's enough to make an angry mob, easy.
I'll have a doozy of a sig later, I swear. It'll reflect ".hack//CODE" an' everything.

Hey look! A profile! It's got items and stats and things! Cool! If it isn't fully up to date, it will be, so don't worry 'bout it.

Dien
Exalted Player

Post by Dien » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:43 am

Right, but from what I gather something like this is a common occurrence. In all likelihood, most people probably wouldn't bother to help us out, 'cause they'll figure we came out here on our own, so we deserve whatever we get, and the majority of them won't even suspect we're comatose, or that death would mean the end for us. There might be people waiting to take down Tritoch if he tries to approach the town, but for the time being he's too distracted with us to make any moves in that direction. The townsfolk probably won't bother with helping us nobodies unless we specifically ask them.

Takua
Ikkitousen
Class: Wavemaster

Post by Takua » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:45 am

Okay...now that we're rolling.

Healing and de-debuffing has more or less been taken care of by Raquar, myself and Sekai. (In that order too)

I was thinking though. Nighthand had a nice long stream of attacks on Demorian where we batted him around a lot. This was due, in part, to having a rather high level character be tank up front, but I think it might work again if we concentrated on the ranged angle. His tolerances are gone, and we've got quite a group of characters with a lot of spells. Drawing on someone else (Dien I believe) who made the suggestion of an all-out magical assault...why not try it? If he's being bombarded by a swarm of spells from Gan or Juk (Ani if you want to make Sekai go screamy screamy, just a little consideration) then he's unlikely to be able to either fight back effectively or evade.

Either that or we can try and coordinate so that a pair, or three, people attack him all at once using what weapons they're best at until their fighting potential is largely extinguished, at which point they get resurrected and the next pair/group steps up to the plate and tries. It's a bit more coordination than we've done before and it'll require some scripting, but it might just work out to our favor.

Anyone want to try it out with me?
Takua - Lvl 57 Wavemaster
Wishlist: Levels, Stun Rod, Hag's Wand, Wand of Truth, Ex-Level, Ex-Spheres, and Myth: Demiurge, FL Fukuoka

Locke
Ikkitousen
Class: Twin Blade

Post by Locke » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:59 pm

I'm totally game. Got Ani, Rai, Rue, and Vak to nuke with, so I'm likely to use the first more than anything else, but just give the signal and we'll go magical blitz. \o/
Character Information
Baron | Level 47 Twin Blade [100/1000 EXP] | 891 HP / 265 SP
Weapon: Fishskin
Armor: Emperor's Crown/Bone Armor/Thunder Gloves/Ninja Anklet
Accessories/Books: Ethereal Angel Wings, Silver Grunty
Skills: Thunder Coil, Gale of Swords
Spells: Merrows, GiRai Don, BiVak Rom, GiGan Zot, Rai Don, Ani Don, Duk Lei
GP: 750 (As of 8/2/15)
Wishlist: Nny Scales, Lucky Shoes, Saint Cross, Greave Sticker, Pet EX-Levels/Spheres(!)

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:22 pm

Now see, Canti, even if I had planned all that, now I can't do it cuz you spoiled it all. =P

SOMETHING will happen next round. What it is, though, depends on what state you all are in.

Raquar
Ikkitousen

Post by Raquar » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:55 pm

So either Semi-Rape or Total-Rape happens next round. Hooray!

And for the tanking idea, I think our tankiest tank would be Zan at this point, but we could also try something different. Canti could sit in front of his face and just kinda bounce around as fast as possible trying to avoid physical attacks, that might keep him distracted enough, especially if somebody addles him with a Kruz spell or something. I get the feeling Tritoch is one to be annoyed if there's something in front of his face he can't hit.

EDIT: And about my choice of curing, hopefully I didn't offend anybody but NOT curing them but I took a brief look at inventories found out that Tak and Locke (lololol) had a fairly decent stash of items to go heal people with so figured that was probably a better bet than most. As for not being around I've been working the past few weeks but it should hopefully slow down soon so there should be some substance returning to my posts.
Level 28 Long Arm
Archspear, Newt Necklace, Smith's Gloves, Wyrm Scale, Kuja's Thong Dress
EXP: [700/1000]

WISHLIST
Levels
Weapons: - All
Armor: Head - Scarab Earring
Body - Nothing until Mid 30's. Ninja Garb Hand - Nothing until Mid 30's. Leg - Nothing until Mid 30's.
Items: Cooked Biles, Darkness Scrolls (Any and All)

Takua
Ikkitousen

Post by Takua » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:44 am

...well...

After Sekai, Locke and I played with Tritoch for a while and thoroughly smacked him around (without any spells being cast against us) he slammed all four wands into the ground, which caused a bit of a huge ass rumble, and four towering staff-shaped crystals, complete with the changing gems at the top, climbed out of the ground in a square. Which put out a white shield that makes spells and at least arrows vanish. Casting spells against the crystals, so far as we've seen, causes instant electrical death with the color of the gem that is currently shining on all four pillars.

And running for the town now would make everyone hate us and pay damages, which isn't a good idea.

If anyone wants to try and break the pillars or get past the shield to the bad boy himself, please go right ahead.

...oh, and Demorian and the three of us could use resurrects. Because we all died. Horribly. Casting four Ani spells simultaneously on all four towers while Rai is up does not do anything but cause four very instant deaths.
Wishlist: Levels, Stun Rod, Hag's Wand, Wand of Truth, Ex-Level, Ex-Spheres, and Myth: Demiurge, FL Fukuoka

Locke
Ikkitousen
Class: Twin Blade

Post by Locke » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:55 am

While working on my post, I'd like to note for everyone's sake that Talal and Canti are now free of Paralyze/Sleep/Charm/Confusion. I picked at random. Also, everyone's Elemental deks except Dek Anid are removed.

And as Tak said, we're very dead. And charbroiled. Resurrect please. x.x
Character Information
Baron | Level 47 Twin Blade [100/1000 EXP] | 891 HP / 265 SP
Weapon: Fishskin
Armor: Emperor's Crown/Bone Armor/Thunder Gloves/Ninja Anklet
Accessories/Books: Ethereal Angel Wings, Silver Grunty
Skills: Thunder Coil, Gale of Swords
Spells: Merrows, GiRai Don, BiVak Rom, GiGan Zot, Rai Don, Ani Don, Duk Lei
GP: 750 (As of 8/2/15)
Wishlist: Nny Scales, Lucky Shoes, Saint Cross, Greave Sticker, Pet EX-Levels/Spheres(!)

Sekai
Ikkitousen
Class: Archer

Post by Sekai » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:32 pm

...Raq, your plan for Canti just gave me an image of him attempting to teabag Tritoch and not get caught. I'm claiming insanity and lack of sleep on that mental image.

Once Locke's post goes up, I'll be getting mine there as well.

Still say he's going to come out as some fucking shiny butterfly.

Name: Sekai
Level: 54
EXP: 0000/1000
Class: Archer
Clan: Army of Darkness
HP: 835
SP: 347

Currently Equipped:

Einherjar: Kira, December, Zorya

Head: Bat Earrings (Ola Repth 40, Rip Maen 40)
Body: Saint Cross (Rue Zot 10, RaJuk Zot 30)
Arm: Protect Ring (Ap Vorma 15, MeJuk Kruz 20)
Leg: Ninja Anklet (BiVak Rom 20, GiGan Zot 30)
Add-Ons: Forestlore, Wood Magic (permanently raised Wood Offense/Defense by +3 total)

Wishlist: Levels, Summon: Wood, Archer Weapons, Light Armor

Lord Canti
Exalted Player

Post by Lord Canti » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:23 am

Sometimes, I say way too frigging much. I need to stop thinking like a writer.

Locke, I'm definitely game for an all-out offensive.

Raq, I would LOVE to stick it to Tritoch again.

Sekai......no. Just...no.
I'll have a doozy of a sig later, I swear. It'll reflect ".hack//CODE" an' everything.

Hey look! A profile! It's got items and stats and things! Cool! If it isn't fully up to date, it will be, so don't worry 'bout it.

Raquar
Ikkitousen

Post by Raquar » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:43 pm

Have we considered trying to overload the obelisks? i.e. hitting them with the same color element to see if that will fry them or something? If not I may try to walk up to the dome and touch it, see if anything special happens.

Canti, I think we could have some fun with this once we get his dome down. I'll try to come up with some creatively screwy ideas and see what happens.
Level 28 Long Arm
Archspear, Newt Necklace, Smith's Gloves, Wyrm Scale, Kuja's Thong Dress
EXP: [700/1000]

WISHLIST
Levels
Weapons: - All
Armor: Head - Scarab Earring
Body - Nothing until Mid 30's. Ninja Garb Hand - Nothing until Mid 30's. Leg - Nothing until Mid 30's.
Items: Cooked Biles, Darkness Scrolls (Any and All)

Takua
Ikkitousen

Post by Takua » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:04 pm

EDIT: It's been solved. All four towers are now connected in a square by the lightning, and the ground is rumbling again. Very shortly, I'll have another post up with the remainder of the scripting.

Lord Canti
Exalted Player

Post by Lord Canti » Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:44 am

Alright, Raq. The dome is clear. You get in touch with me when you can and we will concoct our fiendish plan. We need to ground this guy fast.

Dien
Exalted Player

Post by Dien » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:28 am

Sekai and I have a sort of plan to get the round started, at least. We've just gotta wait for a time for both of us to be online at the same time as Nighthand so we can script.